LocalRiders.com

LocalRiders.com (http://www.LocalRiders.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stunt Riding (http://www.LocalRiders.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Lane Splitting.... (http://www.LocalRiders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9980)

witttom 11-14-2006 09:17 AM

Lane Splitting....
 
Passed to me by a fellow LR member, I thought it was worth sharing. ;)

Lane Splitting in Conjested Japan Highway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAVVBjrTu0w

Made me twitchie, just watching it. Hehe...

SteveG 11-14-2006 10:01 AM

Re: Lane Splitting....
 
All I can say is WoW.

EvilTwin 11-14-2006 11:11 AM

Re: Lane Splitting....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveG (Post 75024)
All I can say is WoW.

+1

...and they try to tell me it's too dangerous over here, with the lanes beeing twice as wide - go figure.

chrisOH 11-14-2006 11:54 AM

Re: Lane Splitting....
 
Well it is still too dangerous here since most drivers don't pay attention to bikes. If bikes were as much a way of life as it is in Europe and the rest of the world riding here would be different. But since Riding is a hobby in the eyes of most of the country they don't look, pay attention, and with most drivers not paying attention to what they are doing it is.

Also even if they did leagalize, it would take six months to a year of the new stations and newspapers telling everyone it is legal before they stop cutting bikes off.

It is legal in CA, but nowhere else.

Team Green 11-14-2006 12:46 PM

Re: Lane Splitting....
 
It's legal in California if speeds are below 35. Which is large portion of the time on the highways. It's an effective way to get through slow traffic but I don't think it will ever come here.

Sherpadude 11-14-2006 12:54 PM

Re: Lane Splitting....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by witttom (Post 75017)
Passed to me by a fellow LR member, I thought it was worth sharing. ;)

Lane Splitting in Conjested Japan Highway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAVVBjrTu0w

Made me twitchie, just watching it. Hehe...

Did this guy rob Tokyo Central Bank? Sheez! :eek:

Jeff

witttom 11-14-2006 01:10 PM

Part-II
 
More of the same....

Japan Highway Return
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nds1EgQ0Cs8

http://sjl-static8.sjl.youtube.com/vi/nds1EgQ0Cs8/2.jpg

thom_boles 11-14-2006 03:28 PM

Re: Lane Splitting....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Green (Post 75034)
It's legal in California if speeds are below 35. Which is large portion of the time on the highways. It's an effective way to get through slow traffic but I don't think it will ever come here.

Have you ever been to Cali? I got passed by a Harley as I was in the fast lane passing a Semi. I was doing 80 mph... He scared the hell out of me, as I never saw him.

Team Green 11-14-2006 03:47 PM

Re: Lane Splitting....
 
I lived in the LA area for 4 years and San Francisco for 3. But I wasn't riding then. From age 14 to age 21. Which was 21 years ago, man I'm gettin old.

witttom 11-14-2006 04:15 PM

Re: Lane Splitting....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thom_boles (Post 75039)
Have you ever been to Cali? I got passed by a Harley as I was in the fast lane passing a Semi. I was doing 80 mph... He scared the hell out of me, as I never saw him.

Legal for <35, doesn't mean they don't at faster speeds too. ;)

witttom 11-15-2006 02:27 PM

Re: Lane Splitting....
 
Lane splitting in California.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOthgGH6oV0

http://sjl-static8.sjl.youtube.com/vi/YOthgGH6oV0/2.jpg

Just not the same. Doesn't hold a candle to Japan. Hehe...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2013 LocalRiders.com