LocalRiders.com

LocalRiders.com (http://www.LocalRiders.com/forums/index.php)
-   Just for Fun (http://www.LocalRiders.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   uh oh dangerous motorcycle gang in cincy (http://www.LocalRiders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14126)

serpentracer 05-15-2009 09:38 PM

uh oh dangerous motorcycle gang in cincy

and I'm not talking about localriders or assfaultjunkies:D

http://www.local12.com/news/local/st...lylMRkQyg.cspx

mtynan 05-16-2009 01:37 AM

Re: uh oh dangerous motorcycle gang in cincy

Yea...we're a front for a bigger gang coming to Cincy....it's called the Aluminium Horseflies :D

sgtfreyday 05-16-2009 10:18 PM

Same soup, different bowl...

jimcor 05-17-2009 06:57 PM

These dudes need to work more closerly with their public relations firm...never heard of this dangerous buncha 1%ers.

fzrkentucky 05-19-2009 07:04 AM

These guys aren't so bad. Just got a bad rep. David's (kingofkentucky) Mom rides with them and bakes for their bake sales and stuff.

Team Green 05-19-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimcor (Post 119956)
These dudes need to work more closerly with their public relations firm...never heard of this dangerous buncha 1%ers.

Yeah, they have no name recognition whatsoever. The article also mentioned that the Hells Angels never had a chapter in Cincinnati, didn't the HA and the Iron Horsemen have chapters here at one point?

vera 05-19-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fzrkentucky (Post 120031)
These guys aren't so bad. Just got a bad rep. David's (kingofkentucky) Mom rides with them and bakes for their bake sales and stuff.

May be someone didn't like her baking? ;):D

fzrkentucky 05-19-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vera (Post 120055)
May be someone didn't like her baking? ;):D

:lol:lol:lol:icecream:

TrafficThread 05-19-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Green (Post 120048)
Yeah, they have no name recognition whatsoever. The article also mentioned that the Hells Angels never had a chapter in Cincinnati, didn't the HA and the Iron Horsemen have chapters here at one point?

Iron Horsemen still do and have for a long time.

bpro 05-19-2009 01:21 PM

If the KBA (kentucky motorcyclist association) still meets at the elsemere VFW you could get some great stories out of them. The Horsemen were pretty bad news here in Northern Ky when I was growing up, but I think that most of them have mellowed a bit with age and from what I can tell are a hoot to drink a beer with.

Ok I looked and they meet on the 3rd friday of every month in elesmere at 8:00.

http://www.kmakba.com/

and I love this sign:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...o/yardsign.jpg

poisond fatbob 06-16-2009 09:38 PM

Their club house is only a mile or two from my work. I might think twice about leaving the bike out in the lot now.
Back in the eighty's I lived three doors down from the Iron horsemens club house on Eastern ave. in the east end. They were a bunch of nice guys as I recall. I remember taking left overs up to the club house from time to time. Some of those guys looked hungry! ;op
Tim

sgtfreyday 06-16-2009 10:22 PM

Can't remember but there was a gang (believe it was the Iron Horseman) in the east end of Dayton, KY (near Tacoma pool) years ago. It was a real shithole. The family would drive by it as my grandmother lived about a mile away. Not the glamor life as shown in the brochures. Heap of fly laden feces may bring a better picture of the "club house."

With that being said, I did read an interesting book by Sonny Barger (of the Hell's Angel's fame), Ridin' High, Livin' Free. Compilation of submissions concerning gang life. Actually quite interesting finding out about the history of choppers (get it from your local library...). A harsh way to go about life. Not my idea of fun but may round out your corners...

jimcor 06-16-2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Green (Post 120048)

HA were never in Cincinnati. Cincinnati was Outlaw territory, don't think the Outlaws have a Cincinnati chapter now, they might have at one time. Dayton, OH, Louisville and Lexington, KY do tho'.

ttam7777 06-17-2009 01:02 AM

I remember when I was younger, living in Dayton, and there were always reports of the gang "terrorizing" Newport. Ohhh, those were the good ol' days.

John S 06-17-2009 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtfreyday (Post 121989)
With that being said, I did read an interesting book by Sonny Barger (of the Hell's Angel's fame), Ridin' High, Livin' Free. Compilation of submissions concerning gang life. Actually quite interesting finding out about the history of choppers (get it from your local library...). A harsh way to go about life. Not my idea of fun but may round out your corners...

I will have to check that out. Also worth a read is H. S. Thompson's "Hells Angeles; A strange and terrible saga" published in 1967.

On a family vacation out west in 1973 we saw some gangs on the road from the safety of mom and pop's Impala wagon. I think my brother and I just pushed our lips against the glass and made funny faces at them. Seemed like real nice young men.