View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018   #2
tytek

Re: Backroads of NKY: Tour 'duh' Goat Path

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantdrive55 View Post
Sunday Feb 18 @ 10:30-10:55 AM

Looks like it'll be a cold morning in the 30s, but a high in the 50s with sun later. Meet-up is 10:30-10:55 at the McD's on KY 17 and I-275 (exit 80). Fuel is available at Thornton's adjacent to McD. KICKSTANDS UP AT 11:00 AM SHARP!

Route is paved rural roads, approx. 165 miles long with seat time of approx. 4.5-5 hours. Pace will be "spirited" at 5-20 MPH over SL, but not gonzo crazy. Please note that group size and pace, unscheduled stops, and Sunday church traffic may result in delays. Also note that we will start east and finish west at the Petersburg exit on I-275 (exit 11). Mileage and seat time estimates DO NOT include travel to/from your home. There are fuel opportunities at the start location and about the 100 mile mark.

Many of the roads on the route are very rural, single lane (no centerline) roads. Anticipate any/all of the following: sketchy pavement, pot holes, gravel, technical corners and elevation changes, slow farm equipment, junkyard dogs and stray farm animals. Since this is an early season ride, please make sure your bike is in good operating condition with fully charged battery and tires properly inflated. All bikes welcome, but the roads are more suited to experienced riders on full-size bikes.
Oh how I wish I could join you Bubba... it is freaking 15F here in Minneapolis and the riding season probably won't start until May
And... did I say that there are no twisties within 100+ miles from where I live?

Have fun and be safe!