LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Clubs/Associations > Southern Cruisers Riding Club (SCRC)

Old 06-04-2004   #1
jlkeene
I will not go quietly...

What is the SCRC Southern Cruisers Riding Club?

With new threads popping up on localriders, some may be wondering what are the Southern Cruisers. Like the localriders it is group of people who like to ride. A competing riding club? No, just another one. More options on places to ride and people to ride with. Southern Cruisers are widespread, with over 29,000 members in all 50 states and some foreign countries. Makes it easy to hook up with someone in a different area, to show you the roads.

We are not brand specific or bike type specific, all bikes of all types are welcome. Southern Cruisers does not condone drinking or drugs on rides and is based on having a good time. We have no dues, no regularly scheduled meetings, no major commitments, what we have is a group of people who ride for the fun of it.

Rides may be easy cruising type rides or may include some of the more twisty roads. We leave together, we arrive together. If the group gets separated, we wait. No one is expected to ride faster than they are comfortable, if the group is going too fast, ride your pace and we will stay together. If someone or a group want to go faster than the rest, we sometimes split into separate groups, all arriving at a common meeting point.

Regularly scheduled rides are the second Saturday from Orphanage Rd and the fourth Sunday from Ward’s Corner. Sometimes routes are determined ahead of time, but often the route is determined by the riders present during breakfast. Other rides develop as the weather and time permits.

Interested? Check out our local web site
http://members.tripod.com/gcnkscrc/
Or the National web site
http://www.southerncruisers.net/
ISRA # 14010
jlkeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004   #2
Omegaman
Deported to Wisconsin!!

Thanks!

I've often heard Vera, Casanewt and a few others speak highly of this group.

Count me as registered and I'll hopefully see some of you on the 2nd saturday of the month as I live 2 minutes from Bob Evans...

1976 Honda 400/4 Super Sport

1979 Honda 750K (x2)
Omegaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004   #3
vera
Participating Community Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Omegaman
Thanks!

I've often heard Vera, Casanewt and a few others speak highly of this group.

Count me as registered and I'll hopefully see some of you on the 2nd saturday of the month as I live 2 minutes from Bob Evans...
Rich, let me know if you did register. Then I will have to put you on our list.
E-mail me your full name and user name.
I know, don't say anything. But I don't want to forget anyone.
I have my reasons.
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004   #4
jlkeene
I will not go quietly...

Saturday June 12th

Just so everyone is aware, Many of the regulars in GC/NK SCRC will be in Lexington for the state rally on June 12th. This Saturday ride is cancelled
ISRA # 14010
jlkeene is offline   Reply With Quote