LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Community Forums > General Discussions

Old 06-14-2004   #211
TripleXS

Hi Vera!
Thx for your welcome,shame though that most topics are US-related.
I can't give advise or comments on those post,cos I don't know what's going on over there!
I'll just have to wait till something common comes along....

Pascal
Old 06-17-2004   #212
Firestarter

About me:

*27 years young
*Work as an ME with a company called ITE in Loveland.
*Born and raised in Middletown, OH
*I have been a car addict my entire life, which is why I went to school in lovely Flint, MI
*Finally got signed up for the MSF course and am researching my first bike purchase.

Firestarter
Firestarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004   #213
FFPPATON
Hey Wait for Me

So close

I grew up in Liberty Twp. Graduated from Lakota in '90 and moved out to Williamsburg in '91. If you ever ride thru Williamsburg or Mt. Orab, stop by the firehouse to see if I'm in.

00 Katana 600 (sold)
13 GSXR 750
FFPPATON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004   #214
randini

Hi

I'm going to be out of town the next couple of weedends, but am using this sight to hitch up with some groups. Especially ones that have chatterbox communicators and ride in northern kentucky. I will be home during the week if anyone wants to ride in the evenings. I think the "breakfast club" on saturday morning sounds like a great idea and I hope to be part of that as it grows. I will try to find that group at the AA shell station on the second saturday in July at 0800. Hope the group is more than just two people by then.

Cheers
Randini
randini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004   #215
Racing Rice

Im Jeremy, a 25 y/o Network Performance Analyst for Liberty Savings Bank. I live about 15 mins S/E of Wilmington around Leesburg.

Hobbies include the obvious, bikes. Sports, PC gaming, the list goes on and on. I really have to many hobbies to list.

I ride an '03 Kawasaki Z1000. My wife has an '04 Ninja 250R, but after a couple rides on the street she decided she would rather stick to 4wheelers and dirtbikes. I also have an '02 Xr50. Its a blast to ride around the yard, and neighborhood..

Ive been lurking this site for a while, there was a problem with my account that wouldnt allow me to post. Luckily the Admin fixed me up.
Racing Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004   #216
TheSaint

Hello everyone, my name is Bryce Reusch I'm 19, go to Thomas More College and live on the good side of the river (Burlington, Ky...Go Big Blue!) I work at Montgomery Cyclery in Erlanger, so if you need a PEDAL bike give me a holler. I am a big time newbie, just got my first bike a couple of months ago. It's a 96' Suzuki GSF600S Bandit. I found out about this site from David Anderson. If you see this David, we need to ride sometime. If there are anyother newbies in the NKY Area I need someone to ride with. My uncle Mark Mehuron and cousin Brian Reusch ride, but I am new and slow. (Some of you may know Mark, he used to ride dirt bikes in the late 80's w/Scott Summers) Anyhow I really want to get into this motorcycle thing and am lookin fwd to meeting some of you guys, hopefully I'll see some of you at Mid OH this weekend.
God Bless,

Bryce
Old 07-23-2004   #217
Davey
LR Junkie.

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSaint
Hello everyone, my name is Bryce Reusch I'm 19, go to Thomas More College and live on the good side of the river (Burlington, Ky...Go Big Blue!) I work at Montgomery Cyclery in Erlanger, so if you need a PEDAL bike give me a holler. I am a big time newbie, just got my first bike a couple of months ago. It's a 96' Suzuki GSF600S Bandit. I found out about this site from David Anderson. If you see this David, we need to ride sometime. If there are anyother newbies in the NKY Area I need someone to ride with. My uncle Mark Mehuron and cousin Brian Reusch ride, but I am new and slow. (Some of you may know Mark, he used to ride dirt bikes in the late 80's w/Scott Summers) Anyhow I really want to get into this motorcycle thing and am lookin fwd to meeting some of you guys, hopefully I'll see some of you at Mid OH this weekend.
God Bless,

Bryce
Hey bryce!!! Glad to see you made it out!!!

Yeah, it's David Bannister from Anderson. And I would love to get together with you and go for a ride! I'll PM you my cell phone and we can set something up if you want. And welcome to the site glad to see you got going on a bike like you wanted.

Talk to you soon!
Old 07-24-2004   #218
palehorse

I'm Dave from Upstate NY. I've been riding for about 20 years off and on - meaning, sometimes something comes along where I have to sell my bike, but no more than a couple seasons go by before I can't take it anymore being without a ride, and I go huting for another.
My first bike was a 70-something Honda Hawkamatic 400, have had an assortment of bikes since then and currently riding an '81 Honda CB650 four I just got this past spring.
I don't get to attend many events, usually just the Americade (but only if I have a bike - if I can't ride to it, I don't go).
Other than that, and other than working graveshift, my time is spent on my hobbies of ventriloquism, woodcarving, sculpting, and reading.
Attached Thumbnails
bike1a.jpg  
palehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #219
YZFCathy

Hello everyone. My name is Cathy and I am also a motorcycle junkie. I've just joined this site. I thought it was "local" so that must mean me. I guess it's mostly OH for now, but that will change in time. I bought my '03 R6 in OH, just outside of Toledo, last summer.
I'm living in Ft Worth TX. Work about half the month in Detroit MI. Originally from the Seattle area. Confusing ain't it? It's a pilot thing.

I'm single, and always on the go. Probably explains why I'm not married. That and the fact I can't cook. They have maids for that don't they?

After I bought my R6, I rode it around southern MI for about a month before taking it to TX. I work in DTW and have some time to ride so it worked out well. I didn't know anyone to ride with or any good riding areas and only found potholed roads in MI. So off to TX I went with the R6.

I still wouldn't mind doing some riding in S MI & N OH while I'm working, but haven't figured out how to store a bike in MI. I only have a garage in TX. If anyone has a spare bike or knows of something sporty to rent I'll join ya for a ride any time.
I rented an R6 in LAX last month while on a trip and had a blast riding around the canyons.

I started riding as a teen in the late 70's. I got my m/c endorsement right after I got my driver's license. On a Honda SL 100 that I borrowed from my neighbor. My first bike was a Yamaha GT 80 that I got at age 14. I've had several bikes since, mostly motocross bikes. As a teen I wanted to be a motocross star. Not many women MX stars at the time. Hmm, go figure.
My first MX race wasn't until I was 17. A bit past MX star prime maybe. I had finally scrapped up enough money to get a brand new '79 RM 125 and I was in heaven. I had lots of fun and even raced in a Women's National in '86 at Glen Helen. Got whooped by the much faster competition, but had fun nonetheless.

I put the motorcycles on the back burner as I concentrated on my next hobby, turned career,(flying) and didn't ride for a few years. I was able to get a bike again in '99 and decided on a used Yamaha FZR 600. I didn't know anything about street riding in groups or how to get involved.

In 2001 I moved to TX and found lots of folks to ride with. Soon I heard about track days and took my old FZR out on the racetrack and found another hobby that my Dad doesn't like. poor Dad.

Well that track stuff was just too much fun. I found out that I could actually convert my FZR into a race ready bike without too much trouble. I took a racer class so I could get my CMRA license and I raced my little FZR in one weekend of Sprints. I also did a couple of endurance races. I could see that that FZR wasn't going to cut it so I bought an R6 in '03. I found out though that racing an R6 as a beginner in the CMRA wasn't the smartest thing for me. So I decided to keep the R6 as a street legal bike that I could take to the track on occasion and go find a sutiable race machine.
I now have a garage full of bikes. The '03 R6, my SV650 Race Bike, and of course a YZ125 for my dirt habit. I've fallen into my second childhood.........oh wait, I never grew out of the first.

Last summer I rode the R6 from TX to WA and back to TX again. I think it's time for a repeat ride. I've got 24K on that R6 and it runs great. UPDATE. Next R6 tour to WA begins on August 6th, 2004. I call the R6 my touring bike since it has stock rearsets!

I still ride the YZ, but mostly I am concentrating this year on roadracing in the CMRA on an endurance team and also running four classes of sprints on my SV. Man that track stuff is addicting.
--------------------
Cathy
'03 R6 (Street)
# 185 (Sprints) SV 650
# 27 TWOMOFO"S Racing (Endurance)
YZ 125 (Dirt fix)
CMRARACING.com
http://hometown.aol.com/acroflyr/
Attached Thumbnails
ride2.jpg  
'99 YZ 125 (dirt)
http://hometown.aol.com/acroflyr/

Last edited by YZFCathy; 07-25-2004 at 12:49 AM.
YZFCathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004   #220
frank5079

Hi everyone. My name's Frank and I hail from Lexington, KY. I've been riding for 30 years since I was 13. I ride a black '94 Suzuki RF900 which I bought new in California. I am also prior service Air Force(1984 to 1988)......

On a separate note, how do I get a custom avatar???
Old 08-04-2004   #221
rklutts

Hi... my name is Rob Klutts, I have a 82 Maxim 400 I git 3 years ago to learn on. Took the class at the Oaks in the spring so I am 100% offical now. Mainly ride to work and some times on the weekend when not with the family. Looking at getting a Honda Hawk 650NT or a Bandit 400 to upgrade a little. I live in the Maineville/Landen area.
Old 08-04-2004   #222
witttom
TTT - FYYFF

Quote:
Originally posted by rklutts
Looking at getting a Honda Hawk 650NT or a Bandit 400 to upgrade a little.
Here's a nice one... and fairly close:
http://www.localriders.com/forums/sh...&threadid=5116

12 KTM 990SMT
09 Kaw KLX250SM
98 MZ Baghira
99 Tri Trophy 1200
97 Kaw EX250
93 Yaw TW200 [Daughter]
86 Hon CH250
81 Suz GS750 [Project]
15 Kaw KLX140L
05 Lifan LF70
04 Skyteam ST50
witttom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #223
witttom
TTT - FYYFF

Quote:
Originally posted by frank5079
On a separate note, how do I get a custom avatar???
Click on "USER CP" (upper right) --> "Edit Options" (middle, near top) --> "Change Avatar" (bottom). Select one from the list, or upload one of your own (limited to 125x125 pix).

12 KTM 990SMT
09 Kaw KLX250SM
98 MZ Baghira
99 Tri Trophy 1200
97 Kaw EX250
93 Yaw TW200 [Daughter]
86 Hon CH250
81 Suz GS750 [Project]
15 Kaw KLX140L
05 Lifan LF70
04 Skyteam ST50
witttom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #224
rklutts

Found a 88 Hawk GT wrecked in a salvage lot and am thinking about getting it to fix up $$. Thanks for the offer though.

Rob
Old 08-11-2004   #225
GhostRdr
The Trail Master...

Arrow Sup, I'm GhostRider...

I ride and collect 80s era Enduro DirtBikes!!! I will also pickup a bike of any class for free or great deal only. THE GHOSTRIDER... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/catskillnytrailriding 94XR250R 85IT200N 78KZ650SR CUSTOM 83XL600R 75MR175-K0 GREEN ELSINORE 84KDX200-A2 RED 82CR480R 69CA102 84PE175E 87TRX250X 82DT80J

groups.yahoo.com/group/CarolinaTrailRiding
groups.yahoo.com/group/HondaXLs
groups.yahoo.com/group/DSRTNC
GhostRdr is offline   Reply With Quote