LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Community Forums > General Discussions

Old 05-28-2003   #46
jvandervort
Old and retired

Oh, man its a long way from Cleveland (I used to live in Parma)
It is on route 73 south of Rarden.
They are both a little north of Portsmoth
If your going to be down this way, let me know.
We do have a spare bedroom too.
JimV.
450SL Mercedes
SL500 Mercedes
Burgman 650 (2)
jvandervort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003   #47
OLDHOTROD

Cool RIDE

Jim...Thanks,i'll keep it in mind.....Same here if your up this way
OLDHOTROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003   #48
bronco
Zen at any speed.

Hey folks... new here, returning to riding after a 10 year break. I'm taking delivery on a Kaw Vulcan 800A this Wednesday from Cycle Specialties on the west side of Cincinnati. I live in Madisonville, the east side of Cincy, and that first ride home (on this bike) will be quite a thrill!
bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003   #49
RogCBR600RR
Riding the Yellow Banana

Guess since this thread has been resurrected...

Posted a couple times but didn't to the intro....

Now on my 3rd bike after riding for 14yrs on the road.

Started with Yamaha 250 then went to a Katana 600 and finally as of the start of this month a Honda CBR600RR [Yellow].

Still getting used to the new bike since it handles so much differently than the Katana.

I'm over in Amelia and looking forward to meeting everyone at TWT at Damon's soon!
Old 06-20-2003   #50
Shane
Team Squid Racing

New people post and say hello

Ok since we have been getting people signed up like crazy lately we need to hear from some of you?

So post a hello with what you ride and where you from.

Only new people. I am sick of hearing from the rest of you.

2004 F&S Suzuki GSXR 600

Thanks to our Sponsors! http://www.holeshotms.com and http://www.fsracing.com and OF COURSE Localriders.com
SharePoint Help
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003   #51
RogCBR600RR
Riding the Yellow Banana

That's me....Mr. Newbie

Let's see....

Hi I'm Roger...My drink of choice is.......

Oh wait a minute wrong meeting.

Been riding for about the last 15 yrs or so. Started with a Yamaha 250 went to a Suzuki Katana 600 and now the proud pappa of a Honda CBR600RR [Yellow].

I'm in Amelia and should be making it up to the next TWT this week!
Old 06-24-2003   #52
Phrede
Northern KY Cruiser

Newbie reply

Yep, I'm a newbie (Junior Member) it's been a long time since I've been called a Junior Anything

I live near Rabbit Hash, KY so that's where you will find me the most. Which ain't so bad. So remember, when in Rabbit Hash be kind to the locals.

Rides are a new Valkyrie and when I needs a little more throttle power I jump on the V65 Magna. It don't happen that often.

So far it looks to me like most of you are on sport bikes, so I'll try not to make any discouraging remarks about Tupperware or stuff, but if one slips out please don't take it personal. I really don't discriminate based on brand, model or color.

Hope to see 'ya "out there".

Last edited by Phrede; 06-24-2003 at 10:09 PM.
Phrede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003   #53
Repo Man

Me:

Repo Man, AKA RacinTracy Doyle of Cincinnati.

42 years young, wife, 3 kids: 24, 16, 12 years old. *2* Grandchildren!!

Been riding since I was 10 years old.

Started racing with WERA in 1985 and am a lifetime member.

Been racing dragbikes since 1985, and have over 2,500 passes at Edgewater. I have a NHRA 9 second license, and rode my friend's GS1428 car tire bike to a best of 8.85 @ 145mph. It goes 0 to 100MPH in 4 SECONDS!!

I am a Yamaha and 2 stroke fanatic and have a Roberts Replica RZ350 that I bought new in 84, now set up for drag: 11.45 @ 112MPH, and a 82 XV920RH ( chain drive standard, not a Virago! ) project bike.

My roadracer is a 88 Hawk GT superbike.

I work on street bikes on the side to pay for it all...

Pics:

http://ovc.shelbydodge.org/ovcmisc./RTbike2.jpg
http://ovc.shelbydodge.org/ovcmisc./RTbike3.jpg
http://ovc.shelbydodge.org/ovcmisc./RTbike1.jpg
88 Hawk GT roadracer
84 RZ350 drag
85 FZ750 beater

Last edited by Repo Man; 07-03-2003 at 07:48 AM.
Repo Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003   #54
LadyNightHawk02

Thumbs up I am new to the site I will tell ya about myself

My name is Doreen Noyes (maiden name was Olmstead) I was raised in a little town called East Corinth, Vermont graduated from Oxbow High School in Vermont. I met a wonderful man named Burt Noyes. We have been married for 20 years and we have 4 beautiful kids. 3 boys and 1 girl. 18, 17, 14 and 8 yrs old.
We now live in Daytona Beach, Florida. We have been here for 15 years. I have been a home mom for the past 18 years....we have been self employed for many years making canvas boat covers for boats. I am a new rider I just bought a HondaNightHawk 750 cc its a 1992 model. I am trying to find some friends to ride with in Florida here but can't seem to find the Local Riders club here. On the map it says there are some here but I dont know how to locate them. I like to camp, hike, mountian climb, lift weights and run.
You all have a sweet day

Quote:
Admin note:
Answer to question regarding "trying to friend some friends to ride with" can be found here
Old 08-07-2003   #55
thom_boles

I'm Thom Boles I live in the Cleveland, OH area (Euclid) and grew up about 40 miles East in Madison. I'm basically new to riding (3 years) but do ride quite a bit.

I got into riding in 2000 when gas prices hit $2.00 a gallon. My Probe GT was sucking my wallet dry, so I decided that a motorcycle was the way to go. I had never been on a bike, had never wanted a bike and was afraid of bikes so I bought a 1982 Gpz550 anyway. I loved riding it but as my parents neighbor said it was too small for me (6'1" / 235 lbs.) so 3 months later (Sept.) I walked into the local Kawasaki dealer and fell in love with my 2000 ZR-7 naked street bike. Since then I have racked up 27,000 miles on the ZR-7 and have continued to take the GPz on it's weekly trip around the block (about 10 miles).

The newest addition to my collection is a 2001 Buell Blast for my girlfriend.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Old 08-07-2003   #56
blondtffny

Hi!
Iím a newbie to the site as well as riding. Iím also just a passenger rider for now eventually I want to become a driver. I was at the last TWT- I was Factoryís friend. It seems like a good group of people up there. Hope to see you next time.
blondtffny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003   #57
witttom
TTT - FYYFF

Thumbs up Just Ride

Ya know... although I've posted in this thread previously, I've actually never introduced myself.

Tom Witt, mid-30's, wife and two kids. Live in the rural area in Southwestern Ohio. Have only been riding seriously for the past 7 seasons. I've owned over twenty different bikes in the past five years and love bikes of all kinds. Got beat up in a pretty serious motorcycle accident last year, which resulted in the near total loss of my Triumph Trophy (it was scrapped). Acquired a newer Trophy early this year. Obtained my motorcycle license this past Spring. My most recent MC/Tour took me across 9 States and 4454 miles in 8-1/2 days, accompanied by the "Rookie" above (thom_boles) and a few other friends scattered about (Thom ain't no rookie!). I'm hoping to make a trip like this at least once a year. I also try to slip in a few 1000+ mile weekend motorcycle/camping excursions. I ride virtually every day that I can, rain or shine and sometimes snow. I try to make it to every Two-Wheel-Tuesday. My wife occasionally rides with me as a passenger, but it is not a common occurance. My 6yr/old daughter has ridden with me more than any other passenger.

12 KTM 990SMT
09 Kaw KLX250SM
98 MZ Baghira
99 Tri Trophy 1200
97 Kaw EX250
93 Yaw TW200 [Daughter]
86 Hon CH250
81 Suz GS750 [Project]
15 Kaw KLX140L
05 Lifan LF70
04 Skyteam ST50
witttom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003   #58
thom_boles

Re: Just Ride

Quote:
Originally posted by witttom
accompanied by the "Rookie" above (thom_boles) and a few other friends scattered about (Thom ain't no rookie!).
I'm starting to feel like a red-headed-step-child around here. I'm getting beat up like nobody's business.
Old 08-07-2003   #59
ryanr256

Well, I've been lurking for a while and now I guess I'll step in.

Name: Bob Ryan

Marital Status: Married (6 years)

Education: BS in Computer Science from Xavier University

Current Bike(s): 1977 Yamaha XS750-2D, 2002 Ducati 900 Sport

I started street riding in 1981. I was stationed at Mtn. Home AFB in Idaho and my first street bike was a 1981 Honda CB750F. I traded that for a 1982 Yamaha XJ650LJ (Turbo) in 1982 and was promptly assigned overseas in Germany. I put the Turbo in storage for the two years I was in Germany and when I got back to the states, I rode if for a couple of months and then let it go. I regret that.

From 1986 to about 1996, I was bikeless. Then a friend of a friend gave me a 1978 XS750E. That started the fire again. Being an information junkie, things kinda got out of control. I now run a mailing list and web site for the Yamaha Triples.

Within a month of buying the Ducati, I dropped it. The only major damage was a broken headlight. The replacement from the dealer is way out of my meager bike budget, so I improvised:

Anyway, I've rambled enough. Thanks for reading.

-Bob
ryanr256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003   #60
MPH

Darla Duane-my husband (Doug Duane) is a longtime FASTTRAX rider. He currently rides with MPH/Force Racing in the endurance series. Also runs some WERA and AMA. The neon orange bikes. We live in Uniontown, Oh and have one adorable little man who is twenty months old. Tyler is one of our mechanics. (Sorry Dan, Doug is the father)
I am a stay at home mom (thanks to my husband)

My husband owns M.P.H. (Maximum Performance & Handling), located at 5824 Akron-Cleveland Rd, Hudson, Oh--330-655-5015.
We have -

New and improved Dyno Tuning, GMD Computrack, parts and accessories and custom suspensions. Please give us a call. Be sure to tell my husband that you found us here. He will be impressed that I am working~!!!

Needed to get that plug in.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote