LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Competition > Track days

Track days Share what-u-know about upcoming track days etc (no spam)

Old 05-04-2009   #16
baddean
Original Member

Re: Bluegrass in trouble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vera View Post
I wonder when STT is going to refund the money to those who already paid for their trackdays.

Looks like it's about time to make a phone call.
Vera,
When the April STT event was cancelled, those who had signed up were given three options, none of which are automatic. One of those was a refund.
Wondering will not get you a refund. All you have to do is contact them and ask.
Dean
baddean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #17
RENCRN8
WERA Expert #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
Nelson Ledges isn't going anywhere
=D
Except to hell in a hand basket.

Actually after racing there this weekend, there was something about it I did like. It sure wasn't the surface though.
Old 05-04-2009   #18
thom_boles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ped View Post
obviously that pavement aint getting laid simply because of the weather.
Happens to me too when the weather isn't too nice...
Old 05-04-2009   #19
ped

seasonal effective disorder is a serious problem for many woman.
Old 05-04-2009   #20
squidboy

Seems to me that when all the plans were put together to build the Bluegrass facility everyone had money. I figure everything was put in place well before things really began to tank last Fall. A lot has changed since then, and people who once had discretionary cash to spend on either financing a track like this, or buying a membership, don't have it any more.

This is not a thing where the wealthy folks still have tons of cash, and the rest of us are struggling. From my understanding, there are just as many Porsches sitting on showroom floors as there are Tahoes. I would image that makes it kind of hard to complete a members only track facility. I thought the plan at first was there was not going to be any club racing, but then they opened it up. If they are willing to let the great unwashed masses come and ride, they must be in some serious trouble.
squidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #21
Fast Eddie
Let's Ride

Whatever the case may be, I'm glad that someone in this area is taking the risk and building a road racing course. It may not come to reality this year but I'm sure that within the next 2 years it will be a premier course that is close to the Cincinnati area. Nothing against Nelson, Putnam, etc... but as a spectator, its nice to be able to watch a race and then go home without a 4 hour road trip. I'm sure its nice for the local racers too . I wish them luck and hope that its done as soon as possible.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #22
jdanhires
Junior Woodchuck Welder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENCRN8 View Post

Actually after racing there this weekend, there was something about it I did like. It sure wasn't the surface though.
Let me guess, the one flush toilet in the 'restroom' (and I use that term loosely).

John
jdanhires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #23
squidboy

I found this, and thought I would pass it on.

" Bluegrass Motorsports Park Update;

The Weekend event May 30 & 31 is still on schedule.

We understand that there have been various rumors circulating about Bluegrass and the reason(s) for the delays. These range from “they are broke” to “STT just wants to sit on the money and rake in the interest!”

This is an up-to-date status report directly from the Owner.

The reason for the delay was that the paddock design was changed mid-project. This in and of itself was a very good thing and we personally encouraged the change. It made the paddock longer, easier to use and also precluded the need for several hundred thousand dollars worth of excavation work allowing those funds to be used elsewhere.

The downside is this change in the paddock necessitated a change in the master engineering plan, specifically drainage and wetlands use/mitigation. This meant applying for a updated permit from The Kentucky Corps of Engineers, that took longer that estimated. This delayed the project. It also caused the entity providing funding to delay future construction draws until the project is fully in compliance. This is standard operating procedure for projects of this magnitude where many millions of dollars are at stake and is not an extraordinary action.

The good news is that the proper permits are secured and things are moving forward at a pace that Bluegrass management and ownership assures us will allow our May 30 & 31 events to proceed as scheduled. Please keep in mind that like other new venues we have worked with such as GingerMan, BeaveRun, Autobahn and even Barber, Bluegrass is a work in progress and buildings and amenities will be added for months and even years to come.

Thank you for your patience and patronage, we at STT and the ownership and management at Bluegrass appreciate all of you. "
squidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #24
WOZERD
LOCO Pseudo-Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENCRN8 View Post

Cocaine spread liberally across the paddock is my guess.
Nelson's is kinda like that little grubby diner where, the foods OK but not really that good. It's the ambiance and the comraderie that keeps it dear. The memories-- going all the way back to that spring morning long long ago when I awoke from a drunken stupor to hear:
"there are worms on the track"
Yes, we used to get pretty blotto the night before. The theory being that your body would be so relaxed when you crashed you wouldn't get hurt. Worked for me and my friends, lotsa fall down go booms in leathers barely thicker than a T shirt and no one got a ride home in the little funny truck.
AHRMA #628 (retired)
WOZERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #25
pguest

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOZERD View Post
Cocaine spread liberally across the paddock is my guess.
The memories-- going all the way back to that spring morning long long ago when I awoke from a drunken stupor to hear:
"there are worms on the track"
Yes, we used to get pretty blotto the night before. The theory being that your body would be so relaxed when you crashed you wouldn't get hurt. Worked for me and my friends, lotsa fall down go booms in leathers barely thicker than a T shirt and no one got a ride home in the little funny truck.
You didn't happen to party with Jay Hodge back in the early '90's, did you?
pguest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009   #26
joeybeppy
slojo

I got an email from BG this morning that equipment should be rolling Tuesday May 26th. The new schedule shows final pavement applications starting June 1st (weather permitting). I guess the permits are good now?
Old 06-03-2009   #27
Kzxpilot

Joe ,

The date for the Bluegrass Motorsports Event has been postponed until further notice due to unforeseen delays with the construction of the track. There are three sections of the original surface that will need replaced before the racing surface can be added.

Once the final asphalt finish has been applied, a date will be rescheduled. We will let you know as soon as a new date is set. With current weather conditions and the upcoming forecast, they estimate the track being ready late June or early July.

Thank you for your patience. We are sure it will be worth the wait.

Sincerely,
Porsche Of The Village, Maserati of Cincinnati, and Beechmont Audi
www.porscheofthevillage.com www.maseratiofcincinnati.com www.beechmontaudi.com

76 KZ900
99 VFR800
99 VTR1000
04 749S
17 FLTRX
13 FXDC
10 K1300S
Kzxpilot is offline   Reply With Quote