LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Competition > Track days

Track days Share what-u-know about upcoming track days etc (no spam)

Old 05-19-2009   #1
vera
Participating Community Member

STT is tight lipped about Bluegrass

I am trying since yesterday to get someone from STT to confirm if the trackday on the 30th is on or not.
How little notice do they want to give participants? Some of us need to make arrangements ahead of time that are going to cost money if we only find out a few days before that the track day is not on.
STT will not call or fax back.

The person who I spoke to today said as far as she knows, the track is ready and the trackday is on.
That does not go with what I heard last weekend from Luis, who was at the track to look at it. There is no frigging way the track is going to be safe to ride.

STT told me something along the lines: if I want to give my day away (for free) to another rider who wants to ride on a half finished (= unsafe) track, I can do that.

If this is how STT handles things, I doubt I am going to book a trackday again with them in future.

Last edited by vera; 05-19-2009 at 12:15 PM.
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #2
fzrkentucky
14 karat crazy

Re: STT is tight lipped about Bluegrass

I was just there on Sunday. Today is the 20th. If it is any kind of ready by the 30th it will be a miracle from GOD himself. Final pavement is not even started and there is no kind of road to or around the facility. Just MUD. Tire barriers were still being built on sunday afternoon. They accomplished maybe completing %15 of the barriers and those aren't in place around the track yet. So if you ask my opinion I'd say no way, but maybe GOD has a plan. I'd say go take a look for yourself if you have time. The managers name is Mike. They are there everyday from 8-5 according to what he (Mike) told me.
fzrkentucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #3
vera

I was being told the owners of STT do not have phone. The only way to communicate is via e-mail. I tried, fax, e-mail. They will not respond.

I had the same problem when signing up beginning of the year. I had a question and asked them to confirm something. I yet have to hear from someone.
Old 05-19-2009   #4
TrafficThread
Luring Disco Dollies...

Chris is right, seeing the place for myself I'd say there is no way that track will be ready in 10 days.
Old 05-19-2009   #5
ped

they're pretty sensitive about it. posted a vid on their forum from last thursday and you can see how much is done at the place. their response was something like "i wish they'd quite letting john Q public in their anytime they want acting like they're at cedar point or something"
vid was from people who work at the track lol. they have a power issue about having super secret info over anyone else about the place it seems. stt helped design it or so they claim. so its apparently their track and they dont like rumors about it. i guess its better to treat their customers like mushrooms? they've said they already lost $44k on canceled dates somehow so they really dont want to have to cancel this one after promising it will happen.
if it were my track i would just tell people, look shit happens with this permit stuff. im sorry but i have to cancel until the facility is somewhere near ready to host a hundred plus people.

Last edited by ped; 05-19-2009 at 02:36 PM.
ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #6
pguest

Sounds like if you can communicate with STT, see if you can reschedule your trackday for later in the year.
Old 05-19-2009   #7
chrisOH

I think I will drop by this weekend while riding to see if they will tell us since STT seems to not care about how their customers prepare for trackdays.

I don't mind just getting a credit for the $$ to use later, just let us know so we can plan and not waste time and money.
WERA #283
Suomy,LP,Race Tech,Sidi,Vortex,Bridgestone
Front Tuckers Anonymous member #002
chrisOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #8
jdanhires
Junior Woodchuck Welder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ped View Post
they have a power issue about having super secret info over anyone else about the place it seems. stt helped design it or so they claim. so its apparently their track and they dont like rumors about it.
I how Derek Daly feels about STT designing the track?
http://www.drivebluegrass.com/facilities/site_plan.html

STT was probably one of the focus groups.

John
jdanhires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #9
vera

post on localriders and Ohio RidersAfter searching the internet, I did finally find a phone number for Bonnie. So she does have a phone. ;-)
If anyone else needs to speak to someone from STT instead of being put off by a staff member or having to deal with unanswered e-mails/faxes/voicemails, check out the contact info at www.femmoto.com
The phone number is right there.

Bonnie wanted to make me believe the track is ready. I asked her if she has actually seen the current state of the track. Her answer to that was STT is in daily contact with the track owners.

She told me they update the STT forum daily. I suppose she meant this one http://www.sttforum.com/sttforum/index.php
But I have no idea where I should look for the information.

I asked her WHEN they are going to determine if the track day is on or not, getting her to commit to a cut off date:
FRIDAY, 22nd MAY, 2009

Individual cancellation notifications will be sent out by e-mail (but who knows when they get around to it).
Old 05-19-2009   #10
Sherpadude
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vera View Post
Bonnie wanted to make me believe the track is ready. I asked her if she has actually seen the current state of the track. Her answer to that was STT is in daily contact with the track owners.

She told me they update the STT forum daily. I suppose she meant this one http://www.sttforum.com/sttforum/index.php
But I have no idea where I should look for the information.

I asked her WHEN they are going to determine if the track day is on or not, getting her to commit to a cut off date:
FRIDAY, 22nd MAY, 2009

Individual cancellation notifications will be sent out by e-mail (but who knows when they get around to it).
Only (3) days to wait? The suspense must be killing everyone.

STT must be hedging their bets that God will make a personal appearance and bless the track as fit for racing (or fit for track days).

It sounds like Bluegrass management is making a supreme effort to make it happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath, just given the number of days that they left to work with.

I hope they're able to pull it off, though (Fasttrax has/had a June 10th endurance event).

Jeff

(1970-1979) Honda SL70 | Honda Elsinore CR125 | Honda CB360T
(1985-1987) Suzuki GS450L
(2004-2011) Honda V45 Magna | Kawasaki 250 Super Sherpa | Suzuki DL650 VStrom | Triumph Daytona 675 | Ducati 848 | Kawasaki KLX250S
(2014-Present) Suzuki DL650 VStrom | Yamaha FJ-09

Last edited by Sherpadude; 05-19-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Sherpadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #11
Kzxpilot

Dave, Luis, and I where all at the track on Sunday. There is a track there, but that's it. The pavement might be done in time, but nothing else will. It's going to take a good year to get this track up to what we think it should be. When it does, it will be a first class facility.

76 KZ900
99 VFR800
99 VTR1000
04 749S
17 FLTRX
13 FXDC
10 K1300S
Kzxpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #12
serpentracer
internet=never wrong

I told you guys about stt and their ways back in the winter and everyone told me I was nuts....yeah well, told ya so.
serpentracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #13
ipassedu2
assfaultjunkies.com

Stt hahahahahahahahahaha. There is no way in hell the track will be done in a week or maybe a month. I know it will be a great track WHEN its finally done,but all good things come in time! STT just hates the fact that we visit the track without paying them lol.
WERA#816
Prez ASSFAULT JUNKIES
www.afjraceshop.com
ipassedu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #14
vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipassedu2 View Post
Stt hahahahahahahahahaha. There is no way in hell the track will be done in a week or maybe a month. I know it will be a great track WHEN its finally done,but all good things come in time! STT just hates the fact that we visit the track without paying them lol.
They were pretty ............. (insert your own wording in here) when I called to have them make a commitment about the cut off date. I told them 1 or 2 days cancellation notice is not going to cut it because a trackday involves a lot more preparation than just a Sunday afternoon ride.

So far I had only heard good things about STT and I will give them a try and hoping they got over "it". I do understand that they must be very frustrated and strapped for money with having to cancel the events. But heck, it's not our fault. All I wanted was to actually SPEAK to someone and get a date.
Old 05-19-2009   #15
mjb600

Quote:
Originally Posted by ped View Post
"i wish they'd quite letting john Q public in their anytime they want acting like they're at cedar point or something"
the person that responded in this manner was none other than the infamous..... LIZARD. so please do not get too upset over his comments. we all know he has a way with words.

i am a track coach with stt but i cannot speak for the company. however i can tell you that monte and bonnie are dealing with hundreds of emails on a daily basis at this time of year. that number has multiplied with all the questions about bluegrass. if they gave out their personal phone numbers over the internet, they would not be able to get anything done all day because they would be on the phone all the time. monte said on the stt forum that the track day is on. but yet he receives more questions every day and can't keep up with them. i know it is frustrating him and as soon as he has more information they will let everyone know asap. right now it is alot like the kids in the backseat asking "are we there yet" every five minutes .

just so everyone knows i am not trying to attack anyone or be condesending with what i have just said. i am not trying to be a d!ck. i am just trying to spread some information and explain some things so please don't attack me
mjb600 is offline   Reply With Quote