LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Community Forums > General Discussions

Old 08-07-2003   #61
shakenbake
Looking for my Burrow Owl

Lowered Expectations

Hi,

My name is Mike. I'm a Gemini. I like moonlight strolls down the beach and romance novels.

Turn offs: Kawasaki's and bikes with no plastic

Call 1-800-LUV-STUD for more info
WERA#525
www.knoxarmorusa.com
www.sportbiketrackgear.com
shakenbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003   #62
admin
Monkeys w/a Keyboard

Quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Darla Duane-my husband (Doug Duane) is a longtime FASTTRAX rider. He currently rides with MPH/Force Racing in the endurance series. Also runs some WERA and AMA. The neon orange bikes. We live in Uniontown, Oh and have one adorable little man who is twenty months old. Tyler is one of our mechanics. (Sorry Dan, Doug is the father)
I am a stay at home mom (thanks to my husband)

My husband owns M.P.H. (Maximum Performance & Handling), located at 5824 Akron-Cleveland Rd, Hudson, Oh--330-655-5015.
We have -

New and improved Dyno Tuning, GMD Computrack, parts and accessories and custom suspensions. Please give us a call. Be sure to tell my husband that you found us here. He will be impressed that I am working~!!!

Needed to get that plug in.
MPH is currently working with LocalRiders as a sponsor of the race team and community... This a welcome addition/(needed) to the community.. You'll be hearing more about and MPH after forums are set-up for another means of communication! Welcome Aboard..
Old 08-07-2003   #63
mracer29
Slow but, faster than u!

Quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Oh and have one adorable little man who is twenty months old. Tyler is one of our mechanics. (Sorry Dan, Doug is the father)

just keep sayin it and everyone will belive you

The "ORIGINAL"
F & S Suzuki
localriders.com Racing
Racer/mechanic
mracer29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003   #64
Ducati Hottie 999

Darla your husband is one fast MF! Had a chance to see him last weekend and have been into MPH to get some Water Wetter once. Nice shop! Have a few friends "can't use names" that have needed some "straightening work" done. Racer boys of course.

The name is Kathy and I have been riding since I could walk. Started on a fifty and have graduated to a Ducati 999. I'm 29 yrs old and I live in Bath. Hang with some crazy CORE people and love twisties. Trying to get my racing license this year. I run a successful E-Business and hope to die with the most toys!
Ducati Hottie 999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003   #65
Shane
Team Squid Racing

Hi my name is Shane and I am a raceaholic. I spend way too much time looking for new thing to do the race bike. When I am no doing that I get paid to be a computer geek. This is a neat place I am glad I just found it. I look forward to meeting all of you.

2004 F&S Suzuki GSXR 600

Thanks to our Sponsors! http://www.holeshotms.com and http://www.fsracing.com and OF COURSE Localriders.com
SharePoint Help
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003   #66
shleya
McTrueman server

hi

I'm ashley and i am 17. I met the group of guys at Mid-Ohio during the bike races. I don't ride a bike...partially because I don't have one. I do love cars though. I enjoy a good car show now and then. I love working at Mid-Ohio. Its an awesome place to be. I go to school. That is about it. thats me.
shleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003   #67
chicaszath23
3rd time's a charm....

Delayed hello.....

Hello everyone. My name is Angela, but I go by Angel, Angie, Ang, even a "hey you" works every once in a while......... I've been registered about a month now on localriders. I've ridden a couple times as a passenger but would like to be a driver in the near future.

Have a great day!!
chicaszath23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003   #68
ninety6
Participating Community Member

welcome ladies
*1996 Camaro V6 A4 [SLOW ] Green
ninety6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003   #69
tb2000

Hello.....Tom here nice to meet you fellow riders....i'm mid 30's from south/central ohio (fayette co.) been riding now for this is my second real season on street bikes...i grew up on dirt bikes (way different) my first street bike was a 2001 suzuki savage 650 bought it new from a dealer...and rode it maybe 350 miles...i am a big guy that stands 6' 3" and about 230 lbs this bike was a good beginner but too small for me so i traded it in for a 2000 kawasaki ZR-7...which i still have and is my current machine absolutely love the way this bike handles....would like to get together with fellow riders on the weekends to hang out. If anyone is in the vacinity give me a shout!
Tom
Old 08-07-2003   #70
thom_boles

Quote:
Originally posted by tb2000
i am a big guy that stands 6' 3" and about 230 lbs this bike was a good beginner but too small for me so i traded it in for a 2000 kawasaki ZR-7...
Tom
Nice Bike Tom. LOL
Old 08-08-2003   #71
stan900ss

Hi! Name's Stan, started on a Kaw ZR7S and after crashing it I got my dream bike, a red Duc 900 SuperSport. I live in Akron OH. where it rains all day everyday!!
stan900ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003   #72
tb2000

Sorry to hear...you crashed your ZR-7S eek:good thing is youre still here.
Old 08-08-2003   #73
shleya
McTrueman server

ha

it rains everywhere everyday in ohio.
shleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003   #74
mracer29
Slow but, faster than u!

Who am I????????????????? I think all of you know who i am but if not. Im Dan DeFrancisco I live in gahanna ohio, just out side columbus. I started riding motorcycles at the age of 6, one day hopefully ill learn how to ride. lol Im part of the localriders.com endurance racing team. I started racing 5 yrs ago on my gsxr 750. About 3 yrs ago I met 2 really great guys at mid ohio who had big dreams of some crazy web site (every one wanted to be a web millionare that year), not long after that the web page was open and started to grow, they made the offer to me to start helping me race, and thats what they did out of their own pockets they started sponsoring me. Ive heard many times the reason I was recruited to be part of this mess, was cause im loud and out going and the year they met me out of the thousands of people at mid ohio i was the loudest person there. LOL. Now i get to hang with my best buds every race weekend, I always get to meet alot of members that come to the track to watch, hang out , and help out, all that plus we now have help from www.fssuzuki.com and many others that makes our race season more enjoyable. So really this is just a reminder THANKS to dave and mike..........

Thanks for all you guys have done for me and for being the 2 great friends you are. Thanks for making this kick ass site, one day it will really pay off big time!!!!!!

The "ORIGINAL"
F & S Suzuki
localriders.com Racing
Racer/mechanic
mracer29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003   #75
vera
Participating Community Member

I came a very long way

My name is Vera, 38 years, born and raised in Germany. Lived in Australia from 1997 - 2000, then moved to Cincinnati/Ohio.

My love for motorcycles started early as my entire family has a license (even my grandparents rode!). So my parents made me go for my license at the age of 18. Unfortunately, I never rode, mainly because I was too sick (endo) and getting worse over the years.
But then, 2 years ago, my life changed after my last surgery. Trust me, I had to learn how to live a normal life. AND I LOVE LIVING!!! After I discovered that I am finally able to do all the things normal people do, I thought, ok, now I finally want to ride. I signed up for the MSF in July 2002, passed the test, got my endorsement and then ......... after 20 years of waiting, I bought my first bike in August 2002. It's a 600 Yamaha Seca, 1996 model, and the best looking bike in town. It's used, but it's mine.
Some people say I am too slow and should take more risk while riding, but - to be very Australian right now - I don't give a ratsarse! I know I don't have the experience and need to practice and mostly - need to get more confidence. I will get there. Slowly, but I will .............. I've come a very long way and I don't let anyone telling me how fast I should ride, how far I should lean and I won't let anyone forcing me going faster than I want to.
Trust me, you don't want me riding the same way I am driving my little car. I am known as "leadfoot", "petrolhead", "tailgater", and other nice descriptions.
On my bike, I don't have these "ambitions".

I am glad that I found this group. Most people are VERY nice and very helpful. Thanks!!!

Last edited by vera; 08-09-2003 at 09:58 AM.
vera is offline   Reply With Quote