LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Competition > Track days

Track days Share what-u-know about upcoming track days etc (no spam)

Old 02-13-2009   #16
shakenbake
Looking for my Burrow Owl

Re: What is needed to post info on track days???

Did some one say Bung Hole?

What's the big deal? Lizard is not paid by STT for any thing, he is not a paid employee of STT. He is just passing along info.

No differnt than posting street rides or dual sport rides, or trail rides.

The Junkies posted for a track day that they posed as theirs and that was just fine.....What is good for the goose is good for the gander.
WERA#525
www.knoxarmorusa.com
www.sportbiketrackgear.com
shakenbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009   #17
rklutts

For what it's worth... I rode with STT for my first track day last fall at Mid-Ohio and it was a great time... so great that I have no signed up as a member and will be attending many of there events at local tracks like BG, Mid-O and Putnam. They really take the time to work with the "newbie's" and you don't have to jump through all these hoops to get your bike on track.

So my guess is I will be seeing a few of you this summer and more hopefully your seeing my ass as I pass you!
Old 02-13-2009   #18
fzrkentucky
14 karat crazy

Gotta love them haters. If you only have 15 haters, you need 20 by summer. The more haters you have the better you must be doing in life.
fzrkentucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009   #19
witttom
TTT - FYYFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzrkentucky View Post
Gotta love them haters. If you only have 15 haters, you need 20 by summer. The more haters you have the better you must be doing in life.
Some must be doing exceptional well then.

12 KTM 990SMT
09 Kaw KLX250SM
04 BMW K1200RS
98 MZ Baghira
99 Tri Trophy 1200
97 Kaw EX250
93 Yaw TW200 [Daughter]
86 Hon CH250
81 Suz GS750
15 Kaw KLX140L
05 Lifan LF70
04 Skyteam ST50
witttom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009   #20
witttom
TTT - FYYFF

Just a little review....

Quote:
2. No advertising or links to advertising or "Spam" is permitted (including signatures).
  • Advertising or Spam is defined as posting a link for the purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting by someone that has ownership or other "vested interest" to the web site involved, including efforts to promote other online forums or web sites by business owners.
  • If you are a business owner and interested in becoming an LR sponsor, please email admin@localriders.com to get in touch about becoming a LR sponsor.
  • Only links to personal home pages are allowed in signatures and member profiles.
  • Links to helpful web sites (commercial or otherwise) are allowed when they are posted by someone without any "vested interest" AND whose purpose is NOT to solicit, advertise, promote, etc.
  • Please, if you have any questions on what you can or cannot post, send a PM (Private Message) to the Admin monkey (or email admin@localriders.com) and we will get back to you.
  • Personal Sales are permitted in the appropriate forums. Localriders.com does not take any liability with personal sales.
  • Any violations of this rule will result in removal of post/link/signature/avatar or anything else that violates the advertising policy.
Quote:
11. Do not disrespect moderators. Be respectful in both the forums and any private communications with moderators. Moderators are volunteers that donate many hours of their own time to help in the forums. Violations of this rule will not be tolerated.
Quote:
No self-promotion/Marketing of any kind for your business unless you are a sponsor of LocalRiders.com and you have been given explicit permission to do so from the Admin Monkeys. This would include listing any business contact information/name as part of your user name, signature, or avatars, etc. Business owners are welcome to participate in the LocalRiders.com community as any other member but the LocalRiders staff will remove any post(s) that we feel cross our 'bottom line' (see below). These rules are in place to protect the interests of the businesses that are currently supporting the community. Bottom line: If you're not supporting LocalRiders.com as a business sponsor, please don't advertise, market or otherwise promote your business, it's products or services in any way on LocalRiders.com. If interested in becoming a LocalRiders.com sponsor please review the link below: http://www.LocalRiders.com/LRServiceAnnouncement.htm Any questions? Contact admin@LocalRiders.com

12 KTM 990SMT
09 Kaw KLX250SM
04 BMW K1200RS
98 MZ Baghira
99 Tri Trophy 1200
97 Kaw EX250
93 Yaw TW200 [Daughter]
86 Hon CH250
81 Suz GS750
15 Kaw KLX140L
05 Lifan LF70
04 Skyteam ST50
Old 02-13-2009   #21
fzrkentucky
14 karat crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by witttom View Post
Some must be doing exceptional well then.
Yes they are.
fzrkentucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009   #22
Lizard 1

Quote:
Just a little review....
This is a great example of why my post SHOULDN'T be an issue. I have no ownership, I am not employed, I am not directing people or promoting people to any forums, etc...

I have also tried rather relentlessly to get an answer and to no avail. I will post a new thread and see what happens. Stay tuned!
Old 02-13-2009   #23
Lizard 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake View Post
Did some one say Bung Hole?

What's the big deal? Lizard is not paid by STT for any thing, he is not a paid employee of STT. He is just passing along info.

No differnt than posting street rides or dual sport rides, or trail rides.

The Junkies posted for a track day that they posed as theirs and that was just fine.....What is good for the goose is good for the gander.
Thanks, Mike. I actually stated that in my PM. I think that people assume that I am paid and that I am somehow making money on all this... Not the case. Just passing along info and I even used the Junkies posts as an example of being allowed vs. mine not being allowed... No disrespect to the Junkies as i think it is fine, but just used it as an example...
Old 02-13-2009   #24
witttom
TTT - FYYFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard 1 View Post
This is a great example of why my post SHOULDN'T be an issue. I have no ownership, I am not employed, I am not directing people or promoting people to any forums, etc...

I have also tried rather relentlessly to get an answer and to no avail. I will post a new thread and see what happens. Stay tuned!
I guess the admin monkey has a different definition and perspective of what vested interest you have in STT (vested interest does not necessarily mean you have to be getting paid), and with as much debate as I've seen in the past of STT vs Fasttrax, perhaps that has something to do with it. Perhaps. Fasttrax and been a LR Sponsor for a really long time. Are they still? I'm not even sure, but I assume that they are. Posting a new thread is your choice, but if it was removed once before then I would suspect it to likely be removed again. I also suspect you may have just caught the admin(s) at a bad time. The most active admins, I believe have just been really busy lately.

12 KTM 990SMT
09 Kaw KLX250SM
04 BMW K1200RS
98 MZ Baghira
99 Tri Trophy 1200
97 Kaw EX250
93 Yaw TW200 [Daughter]
86 Hon CH250
81 Suz GS750
15 Kaw KLX140L
05 Lifan LF70
04 Skyteam ST50
Old 02-13-2009   #25
Lizard 1

Quote:
I guess the admin monkey has a different definition and perspective of what vested interest you have in STT (vested interest does not necessarily mean you have to be getting paid), and with as much debate as I've seen in the past of STT vs Fasttrax, perhaps that has something to do with it. Perhaps. Fasttrax and been a LR Sponsor for a really long time. Are they still? I'm not even sure, but I assume that they are. Posting a new thread is your choice, but if it was removed once before then I would suspect it to likely be removed again. I also suspect you may have just caught the admin(s) at a bad time. The most active admins, I believe have just been really busy lately.
I understand the side you speak of. However, there are at least 5 other members here that are working with STT as instructors. I posted a thread as you will see and included EVERYONE that will be at BG. That means WERA, FT and STT. No links at all and dates from everyone so there is no bias.

I just think that people should be aware of what events for riders is going on. No different than posting rides or charities or events that could be conflicting with sponsors or areas of the site itself. I think as riders, everyone deserves to know what is going on.

I respect the FT sponsorship and realize they pay to advertise. However, BG is close to a majority of the posters on this site. I just thought that it made sense.

If I wanted to promote STT, I would have listed all the area dates they do in MI, OH, PA and IN...
Old 02-13-2009   #26
witttom
TTT - FYYFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard 1 View Post
I posted a thread as you will see and included EVERYONE that will be at BG.
In my OPINION, what you posted today is different than what you posted a few days ago. Yes, it contains the same info but it's HOW you posted it.

12 KTM 990SMT
09 Kaw KLX250SM
04 BMW K1200RS
98 MZ Baghira
99 Tri Trophy 1200
97 Kaw EX250
93 Yaw TW200 [Daughter]
86 Hon CH250
81 Suz GS750
15 Kaw KLX140L
05 Lifan LF70
04 Skyteam ST50
Old 02-13-2009   #27
Lizard 1

Quote:
In my OPINION, what you posted today is different than what you posted a few days ago. Yes, it contains the same info but it's HOW you posted it.

Well, at least you let me know an idea as to why. I still don't think it was too bad, but can see where it might have gone "grey"... So, you think the newest post including everyone else's schedules is good? Appreciate the feedback.
Old 02-13-2009   #28
ttam7777

Do you concur, doctor?
ttam7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009   #29
ipassedu2
assfaultjunkies.com

If i broke any rules i am sorry. I just want people to go to the track. If they have to do it with STT then so be it lol.
WERA#816
Prez ASSFAULT JUNKIES
www.afjraceshop.com
ipassedu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009   #30
Kanatuna
Keep right except to pass

Quote:
I have a vested interest in getting information on upcoming events such as track days, races and other such information. Thanks for letting this post stay.....thus far.
Buell 1125R WERA #626
WWW.ASSFAULTJUNKIES.COM
www.motolist.com
www.trackstar1.com
Kanatuna is offline   Reply With Quote