LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Riding > Touring

Touring Day Rides, Short Trips, Long Trips, Iron Butt, etc.

Old 07-16-2015   #31
todd hennessy

Re: 15th Annual 2015 BRP Trip after Labor Day

my cabin is booked.
todd hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015   #32
geoduch

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd hennessy View Post
my cabin is booked.
Wooohoo!
geoduch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015   #33
quewiwi

BRMC is all full! No cabins left for Wednesday September 9th through Sunday the 13th.

I am gonna camp there instead at the incredibly low rate of $15 a night. If any of you guys do decide to trailer it down, can I throw my camping gear in your truck? I will be in the middle of a long road trip on my bike and would prefer to not have to find a way to pack a tent, sleeping bag, and sleeping pad on my already loaded up SV650 :-)

ONLY 41 DAYS UNTIL MY MOTORCYCLE ADVENTURE BEGINS!
Old 08-17-2015   #34
WOZERD
LOCO Pseudo-Intellectual

Long range forecast for Waynesville is sunny days the whole time (though WE may be leaving Ohio in the rain) high of 69 every day. Only Saturday is iffy-- cloudy with SLIGHT chance of rain.
AHRMA #628 (retired)
WOZERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015   #35
djewell
molon labe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOZERD View Post
Long range forecast for Waynesville is sunny days the whole time (though WE may be leaving Ohio in the rain) high of 69 every day. Only Saturday is iffy-- cloudy with SLIGHT chance of rain.

Would love to go. Got details in a nutshell.
Old 08-20-2015   #36
icantdrive55
Biker Billy

If it's not too early to start discussion on who's rolling when with whom, Bryn and I are tentatively planning on leaving Tues morning 7-8ish and making it a 2-day trip down. Bryn said he was pretty happy with last year's roads and so it's likely we'll just use the same route again to go south, overnighting in Abingdon, VA. We've got a cabin at BRMC from Wed thru Sun, and Bryn is already moaning about the ass-killer of a ride home Sunday, so unless the weather dictates otherwise, we'll prolly make a two day roll home of it as well. Of course, as with all things weather-related, heavy rain and scary lightning changes plans....

Last edited by icantdrive55; 08-20-2015 at 01:42 PM.
icantdrive55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015   #37
Dave Bannister
OH-Cincinnati Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantdrive55 View Post
If it's not too early to start discussion on who's rolling when with whom, Bryn and I are tentatively planning on leaving Tues morning 7-8ish and making it a 2-day trip down. Bryn said he was pretty happy with last year's roads and so it's likely we'll just use the same route again to go south, overnighting in Abingdon, VA. We've got a cabin at BRMC from Wed thru Sun, and Bryn is already moaning about the ass-killer of a ride home Sunday, so unless the weather dictates otherwise, we'll prolly make a two day roll home of it as well. Of course, as with all things weather related, heavy rain and scary lightning changes plans....

John, Grady, Chuck, Todd and myself to the best of knowledge are leaving labor day ( Monday) 7 AM as well! We have 2 options of routes one being the same as yours and overnight in Abingdon or the old route with a stop at Hillbilly hotdog stand for lunch and overnight in Roanoke! Then straight down the BRP depending on weather in which we would just wing it and head straight to cabins!
Old 08-20-2015   #38
Santiago

Well, I'm going to tempt fate and state that I plan to go down on Monday with you Dave. Have a cabin reserved from Wednesday to Sun. though may I need to ride back on Sat. since I have a two week work trip to Colombia coming up. I have a good probability to make this ride for a change this year!
Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015   #39
icantdrive55
Biker Billy

Luis: You'll be sorry you rode with Bannister. He only does short rides....
Old 08-20-2015   #40
todd hennessy

I'm in for Monday morning. I honestly don't care care witch route we take. They all have a bunch of corners and that's good enough for me.
todd hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015   #41
icantdrive55
Biker Billy

BTW, just to get everyone in the proper frame of mind for this year's extravaganza, the Quote of the Decade from last year's BRP trip thread by our very own Wozerd:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOZERD View Post
I mean, do we really want to spend mile after mile trapped behind 15MPH parades of people with "show me your tits" stickers on their chrome WWII style Nazi helmets, carting ++++ Size XXXL Zombie Biker Chicks, looking like sunburned Hippopotomi slathered in Udder Butter sun tan lotion, jiggling like baked Jello in their green tube tops and exposed thongs, stretched like the last remnant of a raccoon intestine between two starving Coyotes?
Who needs 1080p ride videos with imagery like that streaming thru my head? Still having nightmares nearly a year later....

Woz knows....you've been warned, kids!!!
Old 08-20-2015   #42
Dave Bannister
OH-Cincinnati Member

Quote:
BTW, just to get everyone in the proper frame of mind for this year's extravaganza, the Quote of the Decade from last year's BRP trip thread by our very own Wozerd:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOZERD
I mean, do we really want to spend mile after mile trapped behind 15MPH parades of people with "show me your tits" stickers on their chrome WWII style Nazi helmets, carting ++++ Size XXXL Zombie Biker Chicks, looking like sunburned Hippopotomi slathered in Udder Butter sun tan lotion, jiggling like baked Jello in their green tube tops and exposed thongs, stretched like the last remnant of a raccoon intestine between two starving Coyotes?

Who needs 1080p ride videos with imagery like that streaming thru my head? Still having nightmares nearly a year later....

Woz knows....you've been warned, kids!!!

You just can't make these things up!
Old 08-20-2015   #43
Dave Bannister
OH-Cincinnati Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
Well, I'm going to tempt fate and state that I plan to go down on Monday with you Dave. Have a cabin reserved from Wednesday to Sun. though may I need to ride back on Sat. since I have a two week work trip to Colombia coming up. I have a good probability to make this ride for a change this year!

Great news!!
Old 08-20-2015   #44
WOZERD
LOCO Pseudo-Intellectual

Quote:
If it's not too early to start discussion on who's rolling when with whom, Bryn and I are tentatively planning on leaving Tues morning 7-8ish and making it a 2-day trip down. Bryn said he was pretty happy with last year's roads and so it's likely we'll just use the same route again to go south, overnighting in Abingdon, VA. We've got a cabin at BRMC from Wed thru Sun, and Bryn is already moaning about the ass-killer of a ride home Sunday, so unless the weather dictates otherwise, we'll prolly make a two day roll home of it as well. Of course, as with all things weather-related, heavy rain and scary lightning changes plans....
That's our depart date and time (brad and I), trouble is-- we're a good hour north of you.
Maybe we can make a dive SE on 35 and catch up with you two?
AHRMA #628 (retired)
WOZERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015   #45
icantdrive55
Biker Billy

Woz/Brad: Here's the link to last year's route south from Cinti-Abingdon-Waynesville. As stated, nothing carved in stone and prolly modified if the weather doesn't cooperate. We have always stayed at the Super 8 in Abingdon, which at least in past years has been clean, reasonably priced, within walking distance of decent restaurants, and offers free breakfast.

http://www.localriders.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=88

Super 8 location:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Su...67a092040c1c9b