LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Riding > Touring

Touring Day Rides, Short Trips, Long Trips, Iron Butt, etc.

Old 04-20-2015   #31
casanewt

Re: 3rd Annual Dice'n & Slice'n Marathon Ride

Great ride Dice! I have tried to make your annual ride the last two years but something always got in the way. What a concept. Take every road you love to ride in all areas of NKY and then make an all day, epic blitz route out of it. Then, issue the challenge to a crew of great riders and see who accepts the mission. Saturday saw many roads that I know and love, some I have not run in a long time and a bunch of new roads that I most humbly accept into my arsenal thanks to the generosity of Dice sharing them to all of us. The ZedEx ran great and it continues to win my praises the more miles I pile on it. My final shout out goes to the great group of friends and fellow curve carvers I had the honor to roll with Saturday.
Old 04-20-2015   #32
icantdrive55
Biker Billy

Dude, that vintage ZX is a sweet bike. Not many of those left that haven't been raced, stunted, or thrown away on the street and shoved into the back of a garage or worse, a parts yard. Makes me want to get back to work on the CBR and see if I can bring it back from the dead for a second time.

Thanks for riding sweep for the group. I'm not sure how we lost you and Woody or even at what point in the route we got split up (somewhere near Dry Ridge?) but I'm glad you made it to RH for the finale.
Old 04-20-2015   #33
DICE32
DICE'N & SLICE'N

I love to link together the curvy roads into awesome routes, Greg, and I'm glad you finally got to join us, & test the ZX-11's flickability on them. Matt said the same thing about his BMW K1200RS....first time to really open it up & use his exit torque....he was grinning all day! Steiny, great seeing you & the Mrs on the ZRX, & Speedfreak & the Mrs also riding over 400 miles (they live on 330 outside of Corinth - and rode the entire day with us!) Scott, you & Bubba missed the real ballistic part of the ride this time (165/1504, & especially when we got to 356....when I had the Rabbit Hash posse behind me....Jeff(BMW 1000R) Jason(Honda Interceptor 800) Chris(02' FZ1). They split at the Williamstown Shell. I think that's about the time my rear tire started it's shredding to the cord process (corner braking & exit speeds took it's toll by the time I reached the Hash). Wide open 356....it was a big WOW!
And Joe (Scuba) it was great meeting you also, and if you can give me notice, I'd like to head up to Iron Pony with you. Didn't get to go there yet this year, & I need to pick up some items. Call me at 8five9-five34-083five to discuss. I can't go this week, but anytime after I should be free a lot of days. Again, it was a blast guys, & hope to ride with everyone again soon!

ROB "DICE" GILES
Dandridge, Tn.
DICE32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015   #34
DICE32
DICE'N & SLICE'N

Hate to leave people out, so there was also Mark & Lisa who said hi! at the AA Speedway on their new Harley, & also met up at the Willow break stop. And Woody, good to see you again on the Guzzi. And Mr Bannister, always a pleasure riding with you....and who's the guy that rode with you (for some reason I keep forgetting his name?).
Plus there was a Junkie that left at Williamstown Shell (missed his name also), plus the 3 Junkies Bill mentioned Chainslick, Lacts Tact, & Logan. So I hope I named everyone now in one thread or another, & thanks again to all for making it a great ride!

oh yeh, we also saw Mr "had to work but made it to the Hash" on his new GROM...Kelly Bowling.

ROB "DICE" GILES
Dandridge, Tn.

Last edited by DICE32; 04-20-2015 at 03:08 PM.
DICE32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015   #35
icantdrive55
Biker Billy

The guy standing next to TTTom--NOT the short one -- was on Dice's Marathon ride and he looks familiar to me. What's his name? Pretty sure he's been on a few other rides but my old-timers disease got the better of me…

Old 04-26-2015   #36
Dave Bannister
OH-Cincinnati Member

He name is John (JW) on the site but I think you guys must scare him because he never pots! He is also. a member of the NDA = neighborhood drinking association on my street! He rides a Versys