LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Competition > Stunt Riding

Stunt Riding If you push the limit, this is the place to share all that stuff that many can't understand...

Old 08-10-2003   #16
Phrede
Northern KY Cruiser

Maybe what I should do is troll in my pickup and "brake job" the offender. I suspect that after peeling some riders off my tailgate the message might get out.

There are open back roads with no traffic available. I-75 and Burlington Pike are not among them.

This type of riding gives all bikers a bad name.

Currently, bikes are welcome around Rabbit Hash, and the great majority of riders ride sensibly. However, I have seen a few doing irresponsible and stupid things. If this continues the locals, me included, will pull in the welcome mat and make life difficult for the riders. It is sad that, as always, that a few can spoil a good thing for the many.

For the record; sensible riding, in my opinion, does not always agree with the law, but with common sense. I have been known to double the limit, and to lift the wheel during hard shifts. I do feel comfortable and in control while doing this and never do it in an unnecessarily risky environment.
Phrede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003   #17
mracer29
Slow but, faster than u!

I never implyed that it was safe anywhere on a public road...... what i said is people are left with no where but public roads to mess around. you mention back roads as a safer alternitive but i know from experance no matter what back road you stop on some ones whos house is not far away calls the law. Have you ever paid attention while driving down the road at the stuff that will kill you if you hit it at speed??????? There is really no place to perform stunts, so people stunt on the streets in public. I would go to a place that let me perform stunts if there was one.

and by the way..... you just told 1600 motorcyclest that you would intentionaly take out another rider in your cage just cause you didnt agree with how or what they ride....

The "ORIGINAL"
F & S Suzuki
localriders.com Racing
Racer/mechanic

Last edited by mracer29; 08-10-2003 at 09:19 AM.
mracer29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003   #18
Phrede
Northern KY Cruiser

My comment about trolling was intended to be a response to your comment about how I should buy a parking lot...., and shares the same likelihood of actually happening. Key word there is "maybe".

If you were truly on a "back road" there would be no neighbors to call the law. There certainly are places in the area that one can find no traffic at all.

My points are;

If you must do wheelies and stoppies, the interstates and busy streets are not the place.

By doing a wheelie while approaching me you are putting my safety at risk. This is a risk I choose not to take. I have every right to complain about that. If I'm not there I am not at risk. Since I have the right to be there, the burden of not putting me at risk is yours.

Please, be cool around the General Store.
Old 08-10-2003   #19
Phrede
Northern KY Cruiser

Just read your post again.

Where did you get "... what they ride...."?

I never made mention of any type or brand of bike. Almost all bikes today are capable of wheelies.

Sorry, about the double post.
Old 08-10-2003   #20
mracer29
Slow but, faster than u!

i kinda just implyed that cause im pretty sure you arnt gonna catch no one on a harley or other cruise bike doing a stand up nac nac wheelie at 100mph but, if you know this guy please introduce me to him because i can sure use some tips.........

The "ORIGINAL"
F & S Suzuki
localriders.com Racing
Racer/mechanic
Old 08-10-2003   #21
Snacko

Can someone show me how to get the front wheel of my Road King off the ground?
Snacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003   #22
SbRacer15
Participating Community Member

Quote:
Originally posted by astotzer
Can someone show me how to get the front wheel of my Road King off the ground?

Would this help??
Old 08-10-2003   #23
Phrede
Northern KY Cruiser

Notice I said almost all.

I wouldn't be so sure I can't catch you on a cruiser. I don't know what you ride, but just 'cuz it's a sport bike don't necessarily mean you can run away from me in a straight stretch.

Does that look like a Harley in the pic?
Attached Files
File Type: mpg mydad.mpg (127.3 KB, 75 views)
Old 08-10-2003   #24
shakenbake
Looking for my Burrow Owl

Thumbs down Don't worry!!!!!

You won't catch me at the General Store doing anything stupid, Like sitting there and Drinking a minimum of 6 BEERS with 15 of buddys( who are drinking just as much) and then get on my bike( without my helmet, cuz I gotta live free, ride free) and ride out into traffic.

Don't worry you'll never find me doing anything stupid like that at the General Store.

As far as you're truck statement...WHAT AN ASS!
WERA#525
www.knoxarmorusa.com
www.sportbiketrackgear.com
shakenbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003   #25
Phrede
Northern KY Cruiser

Good for you shakenbake!
You will not see me doing it either.
Old 08-10-2003   #26
Bambam
Original Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mracer29
If only there was a spot with no traffic...... it would be great to have a place to practic stunts.............
There is a place. They charge a small fee and you can stunt all you like.

Doesn't stop people pulling crap in traffic though.

CORE: Central Ohio Riding Enthusiasts
1999 Ducati 900SS
Bambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003   #27
mglisson
OH-Cincinnati Member

my 2 cents

Quote:
Originally posted by Bambam
Interesting point BamBam.
  • There's club racing and track-days-a-plenty out there for those with a desire to lean.
  • There's test-n-tune nights and Street Chaos nights for those that have the need for speed.
  • There's Off-Road Courses for those that like to push their limits in the mud.
  • Etc.

However, it doesn't seem to stop ppl from doing things outside of the 'sanctioned' environment.

Something about getting caught up in the moment I guess. Are any of us not guilty of "pushing the limits" once in a while?

I know a very wise man who took himself off of the street and now only rides on the track...ahem... and in the campground. For him it was a personal decision and he knew and often says "Ya'll don't want to ride on the street w/me. I'll ruin the day." IMHO he's an extreme case. Most of what's seen on the street is a once in a while, caught up in the moment kinda thing.

I say, "Let he (or she) who hasn't sinned ('been caught up in the moment') before be the first to cast a stone."
mglisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003   #28
mglisson
OH-Cincinnati Member

Re: my 2 cents

Quote:
Originally posted by mglisson
I say, "Let he (or she) who hasn't sinned ('been caught up in the moment') before be the first to cast a stone."
Clarification.

I didn't mean at all to imply that BamBam or anyone else had done anything in this thread _except_ make an interesting point.
mglisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003   #29
mracer29
Slow but, faster than u!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bambam
There is a place. They charge a small fee and you can stunt all you like.

if there is a place i want thelocation and # cause im there i want to learn to drag the tail of the gsxr....... so give up the info

The "ORIGINAL"
F & S Suzuki
localriders.com Racing
Racer/mechanic
Old 08-11-2003   #30
Dave Bannister
OH-Cincinnati Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mracer29
if there is a place i want thelocation and # cause im there i want to learn to drag the tail of the gsxr....... so give up the info
Hey Dano.... You need a 8" skid plate on the tail and gear it down too (what we used at gratton the first time is ok but need to go up another 4 tooth in the back prolly).. I was chatting with the guys that were dong the stunt show at Pro-Star this weekend and the skid plate and real low gearing is the ticket.. They bring it up in first gear keep throttle the same and use back brake for control for those slow balanced 12 clock wheelies...