LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Community Forums > Polls

View Poll Results: Should we move TWTuesday to a new location?
Yes 46 75.41%
No 8 13.11%
No opinion. 7 11.48%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2004   #31
mglisson
OH-Cincinnati Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Omegaman
Here's my .01 opinion...

Wherever we try and work something out, we need to be able to properly set the expectations of the establishment. More participation on dry days and maybe a little less on wet ones. That way they can staff appropriately and alleviate any "service" concerns they might have. It might also be a good idea to come up with a LR.com/establishment promotion so that they feel like they have a vested interest in the success of the event.
Trust me, we've explained, discussed _AND_ philosophized all of the above w/the Baz'l's....Expectations _were_ set for them....we've even gone as far as to call with a reminder to put up the parking anyway on the rainy days, etc...

And as those from the restaraunt biz can tell ya, while a change from a group of 25 to a group of 50 doesn't make anyone happy but the owner, it's a situation that's _fairly_ common and good restaraunts make the adjustment w/o upsetting everyone....

We'll eventually find a place to call home.

Talk is cheap, we'll certainly make sure to set the same expectations w/the next place but only time will tell.

As others have mentioned...

There will always be something w/the location/parking/service/food that doesn't meet the needs of each person attending...

There will always be bad restaraunt experiences...The real issue here is that when it becomes the norm rather than the exception, we need to move...
mglisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004   #32
Omegaman
Deported to Wisconsin!!

spoken like a true Monkey :-)

1976 Honda 400/4 Super Sport

1979 Honda 750K (x2)
Omegaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004   #33
mglisson
OH-Cincinnati Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Omegaman
spoken like a true Monkey :-)
Thanks, can't receive a better compliment than to be called a Monkey IMHO.
Old 08-05-2004   #34
djewell
molon labe

AMEN ADMIN!
Old 08-05-2004   #35
gerhard911
teetering on two wheels

OK, I've confirmed that Damon's Sharonville (on Hauck Rd) is most definately closed.
Old 08-06-2004   #36
Kevin Combs
Old bike junkie

TWT

I've only been to Bazil's once, but They didn't seem to care if we were there or not. We have a good time on Thursdays when a small group of us meet then ride. I know this may not work in the winter, That's when we just go to Ray Popes place and order pizza. Get a ride going (other than I-275) and I'll do my best to get there.
Old 08-06-2004   #37
mglisson
OH-Cincinnati Member

Re: TWT

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Combs
Get a ride going (other than I-275) and I'll do my best to get there.
Nothing stopping anyone from scheduling a quick ride through some great roads on the eastern side of town on Tuesday's. Cage traffic is pretty heavy on most of the backroads until 7:30 or 8:00 in the summer months.

If we could actually find a place that would let us get in, order, receive food, eat, pay w/in an hour we could easily get in an hour of riding before dark.

Great idea Kevin.

Anyone want to plan a route for this coming Tuesday? I wouldn't mind leaving early for a ride on the east side.
Old 08-06-2004   #38
RogCBR600RR
Riding the Yellow Banana

Re: Re: TWT

Quote:
Originally posted by mglisson

Anyone want to plan a route for this coming Tuesday? I wouldn't mind leaving early for a ride on the east side.
I would say that I would be more inclined to show up more on Tuesdays if something like this happend.
Old 08-06-2004   #39
pguest

So is Bazl's cancelled for next Tuesday? I'd like to know because I was planning on meeting my Mom & son there next week. Otherwise, I'll have to change plans.
pguest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #40
Booga
Gravel happens

Quote:
Originally posted by pguest
So is Bazl's cancelled for next Tuesday? I'd like to know because I was planning on meeting my Mom & son there next week. Otherwise, I'll have to change plans.
I doubt that. We first need to find a new place, but who knows things like that. I am guessing there will be a TWTuesday next week. The question is WHERE?

OK, Joern rides to where the road ends... Then he speeds off into whatever is in front of him... (Thom)
1985 Kawasaki ZX900A2 (in pieces)
2006 Kawasaki KLR 650 (Kinky Little Redhead)
SDM #1879
Paved roads - A fine example of needless government spending!
Booga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #41
jvandervort
Old and retired

I was at CB's tues and didnt see anybody.
Maybe I was early, 6:15 to 6:35
JimV.
jvandervort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #42
jparker
Original Member

I'll try to think of a couple routes out this way. I won't be at TWT this week Aug. 10. BTW you should all check out Two Wheel Thursday with Kevin and Ray. There are some great roads out yonder. JP
jparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #43
pguest

Quote:
Originally posted by jvandervort
I was at CB's tues and didnt see anybody.
Maybe I was early, 6:15 to 6:35
JimV.
Yeah, might have been too early. I think 7 is when many people get there.
We seem to get there later than most (7:30-8) and we're just giving the server our food order when many are ready to make their way out to the parking lot to b.s.
pguest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004   #44
jetflyr
Cincinnati, OH Member

I'd have to agree with trying a more central location. I've only been once out to Bazl's and they had some water main problem. But what I saw of parking and such we could do better. I've been to Lebo's before but the parking is in the rear which isn't much for exposure. Over by Lunken airport is a new BW who, I'm sure would love to have us. And they have a huge parking lot right on Beechmont Levy. Or in that same area is the Sky Galley at the old terminal building. Downtown by the river is also a great idea. Lots of options there.
Old 08-08-2004   #45
mtynan
Over the hill gang member

Hey..what about Racers Night Club?? I mean there you hope the service sucks.....
VF1000R
CBX
XS 750
XS 650
CB 550
CB 350
CA 160
mtynan is offline   Reply With Quote