LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Community Forums > Polls

View Poll Results: Which motorcycle riding gear would you like to see us carry?
AGV Sport 7 6.67%
Alpinestars 23 21.90%
FieldSheer 14 13.33%
Icon 17 16.19%
JoeRocket 17 16.19%
Teknic 16 15.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2005   #16
johnk408
Bill's Listening Partner

Re: Motorcycle Riding Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bprodoehl
western sport power?????????

I guess my fingers were a little off, WPS....is that better?
2001 XR50
johnk408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #17
bpro
A.K.A. BUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnk408
I guess my fingers were a little off, WPS....is that better?

mcuh bteter
Old 04-08-2005   #18
GBlackburn

Check out Motophoria, I have a pair of their gloves and they seem to be very well made for the price I paid. motophoria.com

They are currently building their dealer network, their price vs. value seems to be right on target.

Gary
GBlackburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005   #19
Lizard 1
Participating Community Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce@xtreme
All-

We are looking for some input on what kind of gear to bring into our shop for the 2005 riding season. We would like to get some input from the localriders to see what your opinions are about the different gear in the market. Please vote in the Poll and let us know what you would like to see or prefer to see.

Here are the links to the different manufacturer websites for those who may not be familiar with all the brands.

FieldSheer- www.fieldsheer.com
Teknic - www.teknicgear.com
Icon - www.rideicon.com
Joe Rocket - www.joerocket.com
Alpinestars - www.alpinestars.com
AGV Sport - www.agvsport.com

Thanks,
Deuce @ Xtreme

Xtreme Dirt Sports, Inc. - www.xtremedirtsports.com

Xtreme Street Sports, Inc. - COMING SOON!!
Where are you guys located and what does the store look like? I am always looking for new dealers... One thing to consider is the new SHIFT street gear. It doesn't look cheesey, it doesn't look like the same cookie cutter Joe Rocket stuff and it is very well made. I am using one of their SuperMoto suits and have no complaints. The road race suit will be here late Fall.

In any case, if interested, let me know as I am the Fox/SHIFT Racing rep in your area.

I need to check out the shops, etc., but your website looks great and if the store is anything like the site, it shouldn't be an issue... Contact me via my email...
Lizard 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005   #20
johnk408
Bill's Listening Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard 1
Where are you guys located and what does the store look like? I am always looking for new dealers... One thing to consider is the new SHIFT street gear. It doesn't look cheesey, it doesn't look like the same cookie cutter Joe Rocket stuff and it is very well made. I am using one of their SuperMoto suits and have no complaints.
You aren't biased towards them for any reason are you Maybe Pac Sun will sell the leathers so I can pick some up at the mall! Just kidding man. By the way, tell Bundy that John (formerly of Holeshot in Wilder, KY said hello). We talked on the phone a few times and met with him at Indy.
2001 XR50
Old 04-15-2005   #21
Lizard 1

Quote:
You aren't biased towards them for any reason are you Maybe Pac Sun will sell the leathers so I can pick some up at the mall! Just kidding man. By the way, tell Bundy that John (formerly of Holeshot in Wilder, KY said hello). We talked on the phone a few times and met with him at Indy.
Nice... Yeah, Fox has changed their mindset on the mall situation. They will still get Fox casual, but it is the fashion stuff that 99% of the MX and bike shops never order for stock anyways. The SHIFT stuff will NEVER be in stores like that - especially the street stuff...

Who's Bundy?
Old 04-15-2005   #22
johnk408
Bill's Listening Partner

The KY fox/shift rep, former mechanic of Nathan Ramsey, I assumed you knew him working for the same company and you covering Ohio. He told me that fox was getting back to grassroots which should help their image. I work for Western Power Sports now, and we own FLY and are exclusive with FIELDSHEER. We have a huge shipment coming in this week, so all the race suits should be available any time soon. Does shift make supermoto gear like TLD (where it looks like mx pants) or just full leathers?
2001 XR50
Old 04-17-2005   #23
Lizard 1

Quote:
The KY fox/shift rep, former mechanic of Nathan Ramsey, I assumed you knew him working for the same company and you covering Ohio. He told me that fox was getting back to grassroots which should help their image. I work for Western Power Sports now, and we own FLY and are exclusive with FIELDSHEER. We have a huge shipment coming in this week, so all the race suits should be available any time soon. Does shift make supermoto gear like TLD (where it looks like mx pants) or just full leathers?
It is full leather stuff like 99% of the guys wear. The TILD stuff looks cool, but what most don't see is the fact they are wearing armor underneath. Basically, the AStar armor stuff. So, the cost is very compracle to a suit. Personally, being from a road race background, I would choose leather over polyester any day...
Old 01-17-2006   #24
gsxrjeffro

i have a problem finding gear that will fit. the best fitting gear i have found for me is firstgear and i also have suzuki gear made by firstgear. i'm 6'2" 323lbs so most of my gear is 4xl (56-58 jacket and 42 pants)..
Old 04-08-2006   #25
ninjagirl219
Dragon Junkie

I just realized how dated this thread is, but here's my two cents anyways. Sure we sportriding chicks are rare, but fug...I had no idea until this year just how hard it is to find GOOD female gear to wear for the track, especially if your an off-beat size like me. No wonder so many of us are wearing custom suits. I am having to go that route too and what a pain. Anyways, I think it would be great if the reps would get together and find the market of women in their area that would prefer real womens gear and not that pink/blue BS of stuff like Icon offers. There are several that have a couple suits, but the sizes are for the "standard" women and even the Alpinestars is so far from realistic sizing it's laughable and frustrating. I know they're European but holy crap, it's not that hard to get a size somewhat close to realism.

Sorry for the rant...and since none of the lines fit me as a woman, I can't vote.
ninjagirl219 is offline   Reply With Quote