LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > The Market Place > For Sale

For Sale You have sometyhing to sell? Post it here, anything that's not a bike can be posted here, from MC gear to toaster ovens....

Old 01-03-2017   #1
Scuba
Bite my shiny metal ass

FS - Small Form Factor/HTPC

I built this several years ago with visions of using it as an HTPC but then I moved and my new house has a home theater so it's mostly sat here. Since this is a full system, I'm looking for a "local" sale (can meet up somewhere) only. I'm not shipping it. I tested it before wiping the drives and it works flawlessly...I just don't need it. I have the packaging for everything but the case itself and the HDD.

Notes:
- this will run 1080 Blu-Ray no problem, not sure about 4K and the optical drive is not a 4K player.
- There is NO OS LOADED on the machine. You will need to supply your own OS. The drives are formatted and secure erased.
- If you really need a KB & mouse, I have an IOGEAR handheld integrated mouse/keyboard I can throw in. I don't have the box or anything for it, just the unit and the USB receiver. This is the product: http://www.everythingusb.com/iogear-...ard-21048.html

The components:

CPU - Clarkdale Intel Core i3 530 (socket 1156) @ 2.93GHz
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3 http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3455#ov
RAM - G.Skill F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK (4GB)
GPU - AMD Radeon HD 5670 GFX card
Case - SilverStone Sugo SG07 Mini-ITX Case with 600W PSU - 80 PLUS Bronze certification and single +12V rail (specialized - came with case)
HDD - Seagate 1.5TB HDD
OS SSD - Crucial MX200 500GB SSD
Optical Drive - LG BD-ROM CT21N Slim Blu-ray Super Multi Combo Drive

I'm asking $300 cash/check since this will be a face to face transaction. Not looking for trades.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017   #2
Scuba
Bite my shiny metal ass

Re: FS - Small Form Factor/HTPC

Remaining pics because posts are limited to 12:

Old 01-06-2017   #3
Hyflyer

So, I'm interested in setting up a home theater but don't know all the tech-ie stuff. Is this something I would want or need? What would it do for me and what else would I need to set up a home theater?
Old 01-06-2017   #4
Scuba
Bite my shiny metal ass

This is essentially just a small form factor PC with a blu-ray drive. Essentially, it offers more robust options than most standalone blu-ray players since you can store and play media files (i.e. Digital videos, audio, photos, games, etc) whether local or streamed. It can also act as a DVR with the right software. You can keep the software up to date whereas blu-ray players can sometimes be limited in options they offer long term as technology changes (think interactive content). It can also be used as an actual computer.

They were all the rage for a number of years but as things like Roku, Apple TV, Etc have emerged, they aren't as popular as they once were.

For a true home theater, you need a lot more stuff. TV or projector/screen, audio receiver vet, speakers, etc. it's quite an investment. I'm a techie and I had a pro set mine up when inbuilt my new house and I really haven't used this since I moved. Originally it was in my bedroom so I could watch movies, Netflix, etc in there.

Honestly, for most people, this PC would be best used simply as a PC. I called it an HTPC because that's what I originally built and used it for. Unless you are into high-end gaming or things like HD video editing, this is a very capable little PC. The parts are worth $500+ alone.