LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Competition > Stunt Riding

Stunt Riding If you push the limit, this is the place to share all that stuff that many can't understand...

Old 11-25-2002   #1
Dave Bannister
OH-Cincinnati Member

Wheelie's Stoppies etc... Extreme Riding

I am only a very mild rider when it comes to stunts on the street..

No I can't ride wheelies down the highway or when I do a stoppie its just a baby one ie; no turning the bike and landing the other direction etc...

I do like to watch though and I am in no way promoting these acts in heavy traffic a smart thing to do or do I really want anyone to pull this stuff off in a big group of riders or cages because we (motorcycle lovers) don't need anymore bad press!!

I sure some have been able to find empty parking lots to play around but I would have to guess it's not easy to find places..
(all the skateboards have that same kind of trouble)

Now that I said all that I do know some of the riders doing the stunts have allot of talent and don't get the respect from most of the public and many riders as well...

So please could anyone describe the different terms in the stunt world and hopefully we all can learn more about what drives this sector or motorcycling..

No doubt the bikes are so far advanced compared to what it was like when I first hit the street back in 1980 and we didn't have superlight powerful bikes... Some of it is just because we can

just asking?
Old 03-25-2004   #2
Rockybalboa50
Limping Member

Take a glance at this site:
www.uponone.com

I know its just one of many stunt sites, but theres alot there to learn about.
Rockybalboa50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004   #3
PIT

I'm new here so bare wit me! Theres alot of great sites out there! One good onei know of is Stuntlife.com, there are some cool post on there. Stunting is becoming more mainstream now. I've watched it grow over the past two to three years. Everytime i meet some one new with a bike they ask me if im into stuntn i guess it goes with owning a 900rr. There are a few local teams around the cincy area that are geeting beter everytime i see them. Cin City Extremz is one off the top off my head. these guys are out about everynight tearing it up. I just rode up with them this last week to dayton to watch theme do a show at competition accseseries and they put on a hell off a show. I think they have a web site, i'm not sure but i think its cin-cityextremze.com.
PIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004   #4
9DoubleR

Stunting has been around for years, late 80's early 90's The most reconized team (I have been looking up to these guys since I have got into the sport) would have to be the Starboyz from Akron Ohio (Starboyz.com). Every year the sport keeps growing and more team keep coming out of the woodwork. It's an extreme talent to stunt and an extreme sport to be in, it takes heart, time, and alot of band-aids....lol
9DoubleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005   #5
JTSTUNTS

Re: Wheelie's Stoppies etc... Extreme Riding

If you are looking for the most up to date stunt info check out www.stuntmetal.com and www.stuntlife.com These websties have all the latest tricks, tips, pics, and event schedules.

JT
Team stuntmetal.com
www.hondaoffairfield.com
JTSTUNTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005   #6
bode

Cincy/nky; any upcoming events or local hangouts; to watch, this sick awsome display of utter disregard for self and machine????
bode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005   #7
djewell
molon labe

Well put!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2005   #8
synthetictone

fur it up baby.... lol
synthetictone is offline   Reply With Quote