LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Competition > Racing tips and questions

Old 09-07-2008   #1
fzrkentucky
14 karat crazy

Exclamation Help Needed!! Ama Red Bull Rookies Cup

As fate or luck would have it. My son was accepted with a small number of other applicants (less than 100 out of 400+ applicants) to tryout for the AMA Red Bull Rookies Cup. I have to have him at Barber Motorsports Park the weekend of Oct. 4. We have everything we need except a ONE PEICE leather suit. I have access to several two peice here in the garage. I have gloves, snell helmets, boots, suits, but no one piece. They specifiy a one peice. Financially I am in no position to buy a suit for him a this time. Maybe if it were a week or two later I could handle it. So I am trying to find a loaner. We would need to borrow/rent/deposit on the suit for the weekend only. We would assume all responsibilty for the gear.

Chris is 5"11" 215 lbs.
Disclamer also reads gear had to be in good condition. So I imagine they can't be rashed too awful bad.

The cut off age is 16. He is 16 now. He will never have this opportunity again.
This is a blessing as I cannot totally afford to give him an opportunity like this. If he does well he will be given a ride in next seasons championship.

I have the utmost faith in him.

If someone could find it in their heart to help us we will be forever grateful.

Thanks
Big Chris

Last edited by fzrkentucky; 09-07-2008 at 06:18 PM.
fzrkentucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #2
Dave Bannister
OH-Cincinnati Member

Re: Help Needed!! Ama Red Bull Rookies Cup

My son Davey leathers would be availble that weekend
54 euro

They may not sure what you think ?
Old 09-07-2008   #3
fzrkentucky
14 karat crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Bannister View Post
My son Davey leathers would be availble that weekend
54 euro

They may not sure what you think ?
We could look at it. Would't hurt. One of our AGV Sport 2 peices is a 48 and is too big.

Thanks.
Old 09-07-2008   #4
Lizard 1
Participating Community Member

How was he selected? Did he do flat track or mini races or something? That's a really cool chance, for sure. They will get a crack (albeit very short) at time with a Metrakit. They'll be weeded out in a day down to something like 150. From there it gets pretty tough.

I have a set of new 52 SHIFT leathers. (42 Euro). However, I think they'd be too small. 215 might be more of a 44/54 size range.

Let me know.
Lizard 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #5
witttom
TTT - FYYFF

I have a Fieldsheer 1-piece, size 48 . They've always been a bit snug on me due to my long torso, but I betcha would fit him quite well. I normally wear a size 46 jacket. They are extremely thick and have saved my hide on three separate occasions. I would not consider them 1-time crash leathers, so he's not gonna hurt them. He's just not allowed to sweat in them. Hehe... I've not been on a track in a couple years, I don't forsee being on a track anytime on the near future, nor do I think I could squeeze my fat ass into them right now even if I wanted to. Hehe... so, he's welcome to borrow them. I have a basic spine protector if he needs it too.

98 MZ Baghira
99 Trophy 1200 [Parked]
93 Yamaha TW200 [Daughter]
86 Honda CH250 [Scoot]
81 Suz GS750 [Project]
15 Kawasaki KLX140L [Son]
05 Lifan LF70 [Kid]
04 Skyteam ST50 [Kid]
witttom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #6
Dave Bannister
OH-Cincinnati Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzrkentucky View Post
We could look at it. Would't hurt. One of our AGV Sport 2 peices is a 48 and is too big.

Thanks.
Ok then you should try these and see if they fit if not see if that set Tom has will work!

I live in anderson a few miles from river downs PM me and I give you some more contact info
Old 09-07-2008   #7
fzrkentucky
14 karat crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by witttom View Post
I have a Fieldsheer 1-piece, size 48 . They've always been a bit snug on me due to my long torso, but I betcha would fit him quite well. I normally wear a size 46 jacket. They are extremely thick and have saved my hide on three separate occasions. I would not consider them 1-time crash leathers, so he's not gonna hurt them. He's just not allowed to sweat in them. Hehe... I've not been on a track in a couple years, I don't forsee being on a track anytime on the near future, nor do I think I could squeeze my fat ass into them right now even if I wanted to. Hehe... so, he's welcome to borrow them. I have a basic spine protector if he needs it too.
Thanks. We can give them a shot. We have untill the end of month to sort it out. Your not too far away. We will have to pay you a visit. As always Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard 1 View Post
How was he selected? Did he do flat track or mini races or something? That's a really cool chance, for sure. They will get a crack (albeit very short) at time with a Metrakit. They'll be weeded out in a day down to something like 150. From there it gets pretty tough.

I have a set of new 52 SHIFT leathers. (42 Euro). However, I think they'd be too small. 215 might be more of a 44/54 size range.

Let me know.
Who Knew .
He applied online after seeing the comercials and seeing them in person at Mid Ohio. There were 400+ applicants. They take about 100 or less of those applicants. They only require a minimal amount of riding experience. He has plenty just not on track. These kids come from all kinds of back grounds. Like this guy http://us.redbullrookiescup.com/riders_detail.php?id=43 . http://us.redbullrookiescup.com/riders_overview.php.

Thanks we are keeping all options open. When it comes to my kids and opportunities (especially like this) I'll put all differences aside. Very admirable of you with some of the talk between us in the past. Truly.
Thanks.

Last edited by fzrkentucky; 09-07-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-07-2008   #8
ped

my leathers would fit perfectly but he wouldnt want them, they're size 46.
Old 09-07-2008   #9
fzrkentucky
14 karat crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ped View Post
my leathers would fit perfectly but he wouldnt want them, they're size 46.
Why wouldn't he? is that an offer?
Old 09-07-2008   #10
shakenbake
Looking for my Burrow Owl

I am 6ft and 200lbs. And haven't been able to ride all season due to injury. So my suit is avail. Just need to know, because it's in Columbus right now.

Tell your son Congrats, and tell him he's one step closer to being "some has been never was poser racer just stareing at a trophy case". Did I get the quote right?
WERA#525
www.knoxarmorusa.com
www.sportbiketrackgear.com
shakenbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #11
ped

Quote:
Why wouldn't he? is that an offer?
sure he can absolutely, this is awsome! but my leathers are 3 years old and never cleaned and im starting to feel salty wearing them
Old 09-08-2008   #12
Lizard 1
Participating Community Member

Quote:
Thanks. We can give them a shot. We have untill the end of month to sort it out. Your not too far away. We will have to pay you a visit. As always Thanks.

Who Knew .
He applied online after seeing the comercials and seeing them in person at Mid Ohio. There were 400+ applicants. They take about 100 or less of those applicants. They only require a minimal amount of riding experience. He has plenty just not on track. These kids come from all kinds of back grounds. Like this guy http://us.redbullrookiescup.com/riders_detail.php?id=43 . http://us.redbullrookiescup.com/riders_overview.php.

Thanks we are keeping all options open. When it comes to my kids and opportunities (especially like this) I'll put all differences aside. Very admirable of you with some of the talk between us in the past. Truly.
Thanks.
No worries. I've had the pleasure of talking with a few of these kids and understand the program. It's a tough gig and anything to help a local kid out who could someday get a chance is what it is all about.

Kids do these things for the RIGHT reasons. They simply wanna have fun and enjoy it. I remember those days. Eventually, it becomes too much like a job and you forget the fun you had. He's got a LOT of years ahead of him before that. Good luck and let me know.
Lizard 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #13
fzrkentucky
14 karat crazy

I will start to PM some of you guys in the next couple days to make arrangements to try some of these suits. Thanks everybody for the support.
Old 09-09-2008   #14
serpentracer
internet=never wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ped View Post
sure he can absolutely, this is awsome! but my leathers are 3 years old and never cleaned and im starting to feel salty wearing them
they are not a one piece though. I'm sure mine would fit. maybe a tad too long in the legs but mine is a cut off repair. they may not accept that.
serpentracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #15
WOZERD
LOCO Pseudo-Intellectual

Whatever happens--I'm rooting for him!! Wow-- a chance of a lifetime!!!!
AHRMA #628 (retired)
WOZERD is offline   Reply With Quote