LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Competition > Road Racing

Road Racing

Old 02-05-2016   #1
Kzxpilot

Bluegrass Motor Sports Track

I got it from a reliable source the track was sold to a local for less than the asking price of 1.9 mil. The guy has plans to bulldoze the track, turning the whole area into a hunting game area. Oh joy!

76 KZ900
99 VFR800
99 VTR1000
04 749S
17 FLTRX
13 FXDC
10 K1300S
Kzxpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016   #2
BUCK

Re: Bluegrass Motor Sports Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzxpilot View Post
I got it from a reliable source the track was sold to a local for less than the asking price of 1.9 mil. The guy has plans to bulldoze the track, turning the whole area into a hunting game area. Oh joy!
First heard of it when it opened...sure haven't heard much about it since...

Was told [told] that the members were very 'clickish' ? and it was mostly for wealthier folks. Guess it just didn't take hold ??
BUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016   #3
Kowalski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzxpilot View Post
That's a shame. I realize that their initial timing was truly horrible, and they had serious EPA issues with waterways and drainage....but damn, it seems to me that Cincinnati should be able to support a local road course. Isn't there at least one guy in Indian Hill who wants a place closer than Putnam or Mid-Ohio to run his collection and is willing to throw down for it?
Old 02-05-2016   #4
casanewt
Supporting Member

Crap. Pat is spot on. Hard to believe someone didn't buy it up for pennies on the dollar and finish the track.
Old 02-05-2016   #5
mtynan
Over the hill gang member

I think LR should buy it. I will make the sacrifice and be the official test rider and...wait....haven't we been down this road before??
VF1000R
CBX
XS 750
XS 650
CB 550
CB 350
CA 160
mtynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016   #6
WOZERD
LOCO Pseudo-Intellectual

Having spent quite a bit of time on that track (kinda like road racing on gravel), I can say-- it's demise was a pure shame. it was the best laid out track I had ever been on.
A super long straight that would confound the best gearing guru's.
Cureves so technical you better get em right or say hello to AdV touring. A few banked "bowls that you could just flat out "rail" only to dump you into a butthole puckering hairpin that made you sing that song by The Clash-- "Should I stay or should I go?" and a blind uphill that rewarded a good memory of the proper line-- and punished those that didn't.
AHRMA #628 (retired)

Last edited by WOZERD; 02-06-2016 at 10:59 AM.
WOZERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016   #7
Hyflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOZERD View Post
Having spent quite a bit of time on that track (kinda like road racing on gravel), I can say-- it's demise was a pure shame. it was the best laid out track I had ever been on.
A super long straight that would confound the best gearing guru's.
Cureves so technical you better get em right or say hello to AdV touring. A few banked "bowls that you could just flat out "rail" only to dump you into a butthole puckering hairpin that made you sing that song by The Clash-- "Should I stay or should I go?" and a blind uphill that rewarded a good memory of the proper line-- and punished those that didn't.

LOL ..... you aught to write for a magazine
Old 02-06-2016   #8
BUCK

Where was/is it anyway...I heard about it 'back when' but never got there. Matter of fact I forgot all about it till this thread popped up.
Old 02-06-2016   #9
Hyflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCK View Post
Where was/is it anyway...I heard about it 'back when' but never got there. Matter of fact I forgot all about it till this thread popped up.
Warsaw KY .... Along side I71 near US127

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.7636.../data=!3m1!1e3
Old 02-06-2016   #10
BUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyflyer View Post
Warsaw KY .... Along side I71 near US127

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.7636.../data=!3m1!1e3

Thanks!

I'll be damned, I know I've ridden right past it.....never noticed.

Did the nascar speedway have anything to do with the demise ?
Old 02-07-2016   #11
WOZERD
LOCO Pseudo-Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCK View Post
Thanks!

I'll be damned, I know I've ridden right past it.....never noticed.

Did the nascar speedway have anything to do with the demise ?
No-- it was a victim of the housing bubble bursting when all those low income housing schemes defaulted-- and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac's deceptive book keeping couldn't hide it anymore.
Investment money dried up-- promised loans were reneged and with no more financing-- they went belly up.
AHRMA #628 (retired)
Old 02-07-2016   #12
tytek

The main issues with BGM track were the EPA requirements and low noise limits that were for some reason not researched/negotiated prior to construction. Once those obstacles became an unfortunate reality, further investment funding was impossible to secure, and, combined with the economic crisis, the project was dead. I have been by there last year and was amazed to see how everything disintegrated in such a short time. It would have to be almost built again from scratch.

The NCM track was going through a similar noise limit issue after it opened and was shut down for a short time last summer, while the shareholders were negotiating with the 'neighbors.' It sure helped that Bowling Green and the Corvette Museum had the track's best interest in mind and were able to overcome it all. There was no such support for the BGM development... sadly.
Old 02-07-2016   #13
BUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOZERD View Post
No-- it was a victim of the housing bubble bursting when all those low income housing schemes defaulted-- and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac's deceptive book keeping couldn't hide it anymore.
Investment money dried up-- promised loans were reneged and with no more financing-- they went belly up.
Ah!...that makes sense ....sadly.
Old 02-07-2016   #14
BUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytek View Post
The main issues with BGM track were the EPA requirements and low noise limits that were for some reason not researched/negotiated prior to construction. Once those obstacles became an unfortunate reality, further investment funding was impossible to secure, and, combined with the economic crisis, the project was dead. I have been by there last year and was amazed to see how everything disintegrated in such a short time. It would have to be almost built again from scratch.

The NCM track was going through a similar noise limit issue after it opened and was shut down for a short time last summer, while the shareholders were negotiating with the 'neighbors.' It sure helped that Bowling Green and the Corvette Museum had the track's best interest in mind and were able to overcome it all. There was no such support for the BGM development... sadly.

This makes sense as well...equally sad. IMO ? for what it's worth. I don't think this area in general is "motorsports" friendly per'se . At one time it was, [my dad raced midgets] but that was a long time ago. Seems like after the 60's ? several facilities closed up.

Now it's football , football, football.......
Old 02-07-2016   #15
WOZERD
LOCO Pseudo-Intellectual

Quote:
[my dad raced midgets]
WOW-- that conjures up visions in my head that are entirely too Politically INcorrect!!
Tytek's explanation tells the whole story.
AHRMA #628 (retired)