LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Community Forums > General Discussions

Old 06-25-2017   #1
Sherpadude
Supporting Member

Wink A big shoutout to Sean (Alias sosothree)

While waiting at Wilmington road at I-71 this morning to meetup with a group of riders coming from the Dayton area, a bike pulls off the exit, the rider sees me, and comes over and stops.

I originally thought it was just another rider that Norm Kern had invited for the annual Jimbo's Hocking Hills ride from Dayton. They were supposed to arrive any minute. It would make sense.

The rider takes off his helmet, and the face looks somewhat familiar, but I can't put a name to it. I ask him if he was with Norm's group, but he said no, that he was just stopping to see if I needed any help. I thanked him for that, and then asked his name. Sean, of course! (alias sosothree). On his new big bore V-Strom (congrats!).

I hadn't seen Sean or ridden with Sean since at least early 2011. We BS'd for a few minutes and then he had to get going. But what a cool encounter, and a very nice gesture from Sean to check-up on me!

I you see this public post, many thanks for checking on me Sean, and great seeing you! Made my whole morning!

Jeff

(1970-1979) Honda SL70 | Honda Elsinore CR125 | Honda CB360T
(1985-1987) Suzuki GS450L
(2004-2011) Honda V45 Magna | Kawasaki 250 Super Sherpa | Suzuki DL650 VStrom | Triumph Daytona 675 | Ducati 848 | Kawasaki KLX250S
(2014-Present) Suzuki DL650 VStrom | Yamaha FJ-09

Last edited by Sherpadude; 06-25-2017 at 11:15 PM.
Sherpadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017   #2
Dave Bannister
OH-Cincinnati Member

Re: A big shoutout to Sean (Alias sosothree)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherpadude View Post
While waiting at Wilmington road at I-71 this morning to meetup with a group of riders coming from the Dayton area, a bike pulls off the exit, the rider sees me, and comes over and stops.

I originally thought it was just another rider that Norm Kern had invited for the annual Jimbo's Hocking Hills ride from Dayton. They were supposed to arrive any minute. It would make sense.

The rider takes off his helmet, and the face looks somewhat familiar, but I can't put a name to it. I ask him if he was with Norm's group, but he said no, that he was just stopping to see if I needed any help. I thanked him for that, and then asked his name. Sean, of course! (alias sosothree). On his new big bore V-Strom (congrats!).

I haven't seen Sean in quite a while good to know he's still getting it done! ..
I hadn't seen Sean or ridden with Sean since at least early 2011. We BS'd for a few minutes and then he had to get going. But what a cool encounter, and a very nice gesture from Sean to check-up on me!

I you see this public post, many thanks for checking on me Sean, and great seeing you! Made my whole morning!

Jeff

I haven't seen Sean in quite a while good to know he's still getting it done! ..
Old 06-28-2017   #3
sosothree

Re: A big shoutout to Sean (Alias sosothree)

Jeff,

It was great to see you again! Funny how my 1st Sunday ride in nearly 4 years and I randomly find another localrider! It made my day
sosothree is offline   Reply With Quote